Chapter 3

School finally ended and I smiled slightly as I walked to my Ninja club. I opened the door and found everyone already there. “Hey Rish” the club leader, Emily smiled. “Hey” I smiled back as I took my seat. Emily was also bi, except she was ok with everyone knowing, I also had a slight crush on her, but I wasn’t going to say anything. I looked up at the front and the club started soon after. When the club ended, everyone left but Emily and I. I was finishing packing up my things when I felt a hand on my waist. I quickly looked around and saw I was extremely close to Emily. She was smiling sweetly. “Did you like today’s meeting?” she asked. “Yeah, it was awesome like always” I replied smiling back. I was strangely aware of how close we were and the fact she was moving closer. Before I really knew what was happening Emily’s lips were on mine, they were soft and warm. Soon I was kissing back, her arms slid around my waist; I let my arms slid around her neck as the kiss continued. Soon I let my eyes slide shut as the kiss continued and it was deepened slightly. All too soon she was pulling away as someone was walking past the door. A faint blush was on my cheeks and I looked down. “Uh… I got to go, I’ll uh… see you tomorrow” I said still blushing as she looked away, also blushing slightly. I took my bag and walked to the door. “Bye” I said before opening the door and leaving. The blush was starting to fade as I walked out into the cool air. I saw out of the corner of my eye, Sean at his car with another girl leaning against his car as he talked and she giggled, twirling her hair. I frowned and walked away quickly, not wanting to stick around. I got out the school gates and down the road before I heard a car horn honking. I frowned more and sped up, not wanting to stop in case it was a creep. The car drove beside me and I noticed it was Sean’s. I continued to walk fast until I came to a road and Sean drove in front of me. “Let me give you a lift” he said as he stopped. “No” I replied a little ruder than I meant to. “Come on, one lift” he replied still parked in front of me. “No” I said louder and walked around his car before I turned down a road I knew cars couldn’t get down, I heard him calling after me but I ignored it.

I finally made it home, panting slightly as I had ended up running to get away from him and make sure he couldn’t find me. When I got home I closed the door and sighed, knowing I was safe in there. I went up to my room and looked out the window to see Sean’s old house. I sighed and sat on my bed as memories of Sean and I when we were younger flashed in my head, when he lived there we were always so close, we understood each other even though there was a 13 year age gap. He would always help me when I needed it. I remembered one night when my brothers had been bullying me. It was late and I ran to his, throwing pebbles at his window like we always did to get the other’s attention. He came out yawning and when he saw I was crying, immediately ran down and comforted me. He was always there for me, but since he left he has completely changed. I really wanted to know why he left, but I wasn’t going to ask him, he couldn’t know I had any interest in him.

I collapsed back onto my bed and frowned to myself as I looked up at my ceiling. I couldn’t be bothered to do the work Sean had set me for our tutor session tomorrow, so I let it lay unstarted in my bag as I lay and thought. My brain was working on over time. Sean had left years ago and I had moved on, started to crush on Bobby Jenkins and I have found out I’m bisexual and now all of a sudden Sean comes back and expects me to be ok with it, even though he completely broke his promise to me and now he won’t tell me why he left in the first place. A low growl escaped my lips. I suddenly heard a knock on the door and froze, scared that it was Sean. I was the only one in the house so I had to go down and answer. I opened the door slightly and saw Sean. I glared at him and then quickly slammed the door shut, turning so my back was against it and sinking to a sitting position. I heard him outside trying to get me to reopen the door but I ignored him. “Rish, I really need to talk to you. I don’t know if you’re still there but I’ll say it anyway, I can’t tell you why I left just yet but it will all become clear soon. I need you to trust me, I’m here to stay this time and whether you like me or not I am still your teacher, tutor and friend. Please Rish, I need you to trust me, I won’t leave you again” I heard him say from the other side of the door. I thought for a minute before slowly opening the door. “Why should I trust you?” I asked watching him carefully. “I can’t tell you outside on the doorstep, please let me in” he replied, looking back at me. I slowly moved to one side to let him in, closing the door behind him and then led him into the living room. I sat down and he stood in front of me. “Well?” I asked looking up at him. “You aren’t going to believe me but…” he started looking over at me and shuffling on his feet slightly. “You are the Princess of the Kingdom of Delphia.” He explained. “What?” I asked, I definitely didn’t believe him. “You are a princess” he replied looking at me. “And I am here to be your Guardian” he continued. I looked over at him, my mouth hanging open as I tried to think through what he said. “No I’m not, you’re just messing with me” I replied my shock suddenly turning to anger. “No I’m not” he replied. “Yes you are, you think it’s funny to mess around with me don’t you” I yelled angrily. “Get out” I screamed. He watched me shock evident in his face before he turned and walked away silently, I saw him turn when he reached the door. “I’m not trying to scare you or anything, but you will understand soon” he said before leaving.