Chapter 4

I sat in the same seat, my eyes still on the door as I tried to work out what he had told me. ‘This can’t be true’ I thought, my mind was buzzing. ‘He’s lying; he just wants to mess with me’ I continued to think. I sighed and went up to my room collapsing back onto my bed. My mind was going wild, suddenly it all made sense, things I couldn’t explain in the past now seemed to fit.

I was stood with Sarah outside school at lunch talking mindlessly with her. ‘Rish really isn’t looking well’ I thought I heard her say. “What?” I asked her looking over at her. “Huh? I didn’t say anything, you ok?” she asked. “Yeah, sorry I just thought I heard you say something” I replied, still confused.

‘That could have been something to do with being a princess, although I think that day my brothers had been messing with me, maybe I was just self-conscious, I can’t be a princess.’ I thought as I continued to think back on things that had happened that at the time didn’t make any sense. I remember one time I was angry at my brothers and ran to my room, I slammed my door shut and collapsed on my bed before I thought I saw Oliver Wood appear. We ended up having a long conversation and he calmed me down, at the time he had seemed so real but then he vanished when mum called me down to eat. There have been a couple of times when I thought I heard someone say something they didn’t, then again maybe I am just being self-conscious. I frowned more, as if I didn’t have enough to deal with now I have more confusion and pressure being put on me and I don’t know whether I should believe him I also don’t think there is anyone other than him I can talk to and I really don’t want to talk to him. I growled and rolled onto my front, burying my head in the pillow as I tried not to think so I could get some sleep and think about it with a fresh head in the morning. I rolled around as I tried to get to sleep, images flashing through my head of times things I couldn’t explain happened.

I woke up the next morning having not slept at all well. “Rish breakfast” mum called. “Coming” I called back. “What?” mum’s confused voice replied at the door. “I thought you said breakfast was ready” I replied. “I was just about to come and tell you, I didn’t yell anything though” she replied as she stood in the door way looking confused. “Oh, right sorry, I thought I heard you” I replied looking away quickly. ‘it’s just a coincidence, I’ve got so used to her calling me for breakfast every day at the same time that it thought I heard her when she didn’t say anything’ I thought. “I’ll be down in a second” I explain before she left and I got up and changed, grabbing my school bag and walking down to breakfast.

I finished hurriedly and ran out the door “bye, see you later” I called as I left. I ran down the street but started to walk again when I neared school, walking in the school gate with Sarah and Jackie I saw Sean flirting again and immediately looked away, not wanting to see. I walked into my first lesson and smiled, I didn’t have History or Maths today but I did have tutor at the end of the day, I decided not to think about the end of the day and just be happy that he wasn’t teaching me in a class today.

Sadly school finished quickly and all too soon I was making my way to him for the chemistry lesson. I remembered I hadn’t done the work he had set and shrugged slightly to myself, not caring enough to try and do it quickly before I got there, besides I knew I wouldn’t be able to. I walked in and sighed quietly to myself. “Hello Rish” he said as he saw me walk in. “Hello Sean” I replied in a monotone voice. “In school it’s Mr Allen, Please Rish” he replied. “Sorry… Mr Allen” I replied in the same monotone voice. I really didn’t want to be here. I sat down in silence and Sean… Mr Allen opened his mouth, about to start the lesson when a ditzy blonde with big boobs bounded in. “Oh…Sean, I didn’t realize you had a lesson, I was just going to ask you for some help” she said twirling her hair, why the hell they all did that was beyond me so I sat silently and waited for her to leave, he winked and slapped her arse as she walked out and I inwardly growled… ‘Wow, am I jealous of that slut?’ I thought as I watched the scene. The blond girl walked out and I turned back to Sean. “You know, you don’t have to flirt with every girl you see, you just look stupid” I said a slight annoyed tone evident in my voice. He looked over at me shocked. “Why? Does it bother you” he smirked. “N-no” I replied, but I knew my voice had given me away. He watched me carefully and then stood, closing the door and moving closer to me, I felt his warm breath on my face and tried to stay neutral. “Really? It doesn’t make you at all jealous?” he asked as he stood in front of me, leaning over to look me in the eyes. “No” I replied more surely. “Hm… interesting” he replied and then walked back to his desk. “Did you think any more of what I told you yesterday?” he asked when he had sat down. I nodded slightly and looked over at him. “Well?” he asked. “There are a couple of things that have happened in the past that don’t make sense, I seem to be able to hear things people think but don’t say” I started. “And make people I want appear” I continued looking over at him to see if he thought that was right. He nodded. “You do have the ability of telepathy and molecular manipulation. So that would make sense” he replied. I looked at him shocked. “So this whole princess thing is real, you’re not just trying to mess with me?” I asked “I wouldn’t make this sort of thing up” he replied looking back at me. “So I’m a princess and you’re my guardian?” I asked. “Is that why you had to leave?” I asked. “Yes and yes, you see they thought I was getting too close to you and so they sent me away” he replied. I looked away and then back at him. “Perhaps I should tell you more about it, you have other abilities besides those two” he continued. “You can create force field manipulation, telekinesis, healing, ecological empathy, empathy, ability sensing, energy/elemental manipulation and magic.” He explained. “Wow” I breathed. “Yeah” he replied. “So does that mean you have abilities too?” I asked. “Yes, I have illusion, superhuman speed, telepathy, ESP, superhuman reflexes, mental projection, ability sensing, elemental/energy manipulation, probability manipulation, energy conversion and psionic blast” he replied, I looked at him, my mouth hanging open slightly. “w-when do I get to see the kingdom?” I asked. “Very soon, I hope” he replied. I nodded slightly “what’s it like? Delphia I mean” I asked. “It’s amazing and beautiful. But like everywhere it has its bad sides.” He replied smiling slightly as he went into a train of thought about it. “I can’t wait to see it” I smiled slightly. “You’ll love it, I’m sure” he replied. Suddenly Sean leaving didn’t seem to matter that much, we were having a conversation like old times.