Chapter 4 - Silk Sheets

"Aiden! Give me back my necklace!" I yelled as I chased him.

Aiden swam through my bedroom door and out into the living room and I followed.

I quickly swam after him and jumped onto his back before he could get away. He tried to swing me off but I hung on. I began tickling him and he fell to the ground laughing. Aiden dropped my necklace as he fell to the floor, holding his stomach as he laughed.

I swam up and grabbed it, only to feel Aiden pull my tail and I fell on the floor next to him. He trapped me under him and began tickling me back.

"S-stop Aiden!" I screamed as I continued to laugh.

"Never!" Aiden laughed.

I heard commotion and soon all of my brothers were on top of me, tickling me.

"N-no fair!" I whined.

They all laughed and soon let me go after I had trouble breathing I was laughing so hard.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, calming my heart rate down and getting my breath back before opening my eyes and letting out a small chuckle.

"You better run guys, im gonna-"

They were gone.

I wasn't in my living room anymore.

My tail was gone.

I was in the woods, at night, in my dirty white dress.

I looked around, confused and scared.

"G-guys.?"

I heard movement from a bush next to me, and saw a figure emerge from the shadows.

He looked to be tall, and his face was hidden in the darkness, but in the reflection of the moonlight I saw him make his way towards me.

I saw a few more people step out from behind the bushes, and sighed in relief. My brothers were here! All five of them.

"You had me worried!" I say with a nervous laugh.

None of them answer me and my one brother continues to walk toward me, as the rest of them dont move from the bushes. I can't tell who it is yet....Tyler?

"....Tyler....?"

No answer.

"Come on guys, stop joking around."

He continues to walk towards me, and he stops a few feet away from me.

"What are you doing Tyler?"

No answer.

"Come on guys! Stop! You're scaring me!" I yell as I take a few steps towards Tyler.

His head was down, hiding his face from me.

"Look at me Tyler!" I yell as I take my hand and jerk his face up.

I gasp and drop my hand.

The man in front of me wasn't Tyler.

I couldn't tell who it was. I was distracted.

I was distracted by the green eyes staring right back at me.

~

I woke up with sweat dripping down my forehead.

I can feel my heartbeat practically out of my chest, and my mouth is extremely dry.

I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths.

Calm down Calista, it was only a dream.

I surprisingly feel safe, and my heart calms down after a few short moments. I turn onto my side and dig my head into the pillow.

Huh, my sheets seem more comfortable than I remembered.

Wait, when did I get silk sheets?

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and go to sit up, only to be pushed back down.

I look down confused, only to see an arm enclosed around my waist. I look up and come face-to-face with a chest. I can feel a breath on my neck and look down to see a strange man resting his head in the crook of my neck.

I scream.

The man quickly jumps up upon hearing my scream, and I use this time to bolt out of the bed. Of course, me being my clumsy self, my feet get tangled in the sheets and I fall onto the floor.

I quickly scramble myself off from the floor and look around frantically for an escape. I see a door across the room and I run towards it. I hear a growl from behind me and I run faster, before opening the door and slamming it shut, locking it.

I press my back against the door and try to calm my breathing. I look around and see that i'm in a large bathroom.

Damn, did I get kidnapped by a rich rapist or something?

I notice a window across the room and run towards it. As I put my hand on the latch, the door behind me breaks off from its hinges and flies across the room, almost hitting me before I jump out of the way in time.

I stand up from the ground and look up to see a half naked man in front of me. He snaps his head toward me and he stares at me, his eyes all black. I scream again and he lets out an animalistic growl. My eyes go wide, and in the blink of an eye he pins me up against the wall.

I scream again and I feel a growl vibrate in his chest. He's breathing heavily and my eyes are squeezed shut in fear. He dips his head down to my head (he's at least a foot taller than me) and takes starts breathing in my scent.

...Huh?

He does this a few more times, and loosens his grip on my wrists a bit. He then lifts up his head, and I can feel his heated stare on me. I keep my eyes closed, and my fear still remains.

This psychopath is the freaking hulk! I mean, he knocked down the door, he's sniffing my hair, and standing here half naked pinning me to a wall!

"Look at me." I hear a deep rough voice say.

Holy shit....was that him? His voice sounds so.....well, nice in every way. It's rough and deep yet somehow smooth and comforting.

"Look. At. Me." He repeats with a bit more force.

I slowly open my eyes, and gasp. Those eyes...those are the ones I saw in the woods. I stare back into his beautiful sea of green and golden flakes, and he stares into my ocean blue eyes. I take this time to study his facial features.

He had a hard, chiseled face. There was a scar on his forehead, and he had a broad nose that looked like it had been broken multiple times. He was...beautiful. I looked down and studied his body. He was topless, exposing his abs and wearing a pair of sweatpants. He towered over me and looked to be around 6'3.

When I looked back up, I saw him studying my face. He continued to stare at me and I just stared back in awe. He leaned his head down closer to my face, studying me closer. I could feel his breath on me, his face only inches away. He let go of my right wrist, and brought his hand up to my cheek, cupping it in his hands.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said in a calm voice, still staring into my eyes.

I nodded, my mouth frozen shut.

He leaned down closer, his lips only a few inches away from mine. His eyes fluttered close, his lips about to touch mine.....

I kicked him in the nuts, and watched him fall to his knees, releasing me.

I run past him, and out the frame of the broken door.