Chapter 25 - I Do

____________________

"My baby girls growing up so fast!"

"Mom, you promised you wouldn't cry!"

My mother and I were standing in front of the floor length mirror in Xavier and I room, staring at my reflection.

I had just got my dress shipped over - on the day before our wedding actually. I was super worried since we were doing it early in the morning so the sun would rise as we said our vows, but just as mother promised the dress came on time and this was the first time I was trying it on in person.

I know it seems stupid to not try it on at the store, but I couldn't find one I loved, then when I was browsing online this dress took my breath away and I knew I had to have it. It was a perfect fit, and it took one thing off my mind of all the things to worry about.

The sun rose at seven, and it was 5:30 now, I was waiting for Xavier's cousin Marie to come up to get my hair and makeup done.

I looked at the ring on my finger and smiled as I remembered when Xavier proposed three months ago.

After he took me up on that hill and got down on one knee, I started crying even before he asked. Xavier took a large box in his hands I got confused and thought maybe he wasn't proposing and suddenly felt embarrassed, then he took off the lid and inside was the kitten - with a red ribbon and a diamond ring attached.

Of course, I said yes, and I nearly knocked him down the hill from jumping into his arms.

He told me about his talk with my father and for some reason I cried more, knowing my father was accepting of him.

Later that night we finished the mating ritual if you catch my drift...*wink* *wink*

"Maries here!!"

My mother's voice broke me out of my thoughts and I turned around to see her open the bedroom door and Marie walked in her bridesmaid's dress and beauty products in hand.

"You look beautiful Calista!"

Marie exclaimed and put the stuff on the bed to give me a hug.

"You do too Marie. Blue is a lovely color on you."

We decided to have pastel blue dresses and matching tuxedos for the bridesmaids and grooms, to match with our beach themed wedding.

( Marie and the dress. )

You'll see Calista later :)

-----------------------------------------------

"Honey, when I'm done with you, Xavier won't be able to keep his hands to himself!"