Chapter 17 - Never Let Go Part 2

I squeezed my arms tighter around him when he returned my embrace.

He was alive!

He was really alive!

My thoughts were interrupted by Xavier's coughing from me squeezing him too hard.

"Oh! Sorry!" I immediately released him and sat back on my tail to give him some breathing space.

After all about what had happened, I'm sure he was confused. Xavier slowly sat up and held a hand to his chest as he grunted in pain. He slowly opened his eyes, and squinted, as if he it hurt his eyes to use them. Xavier adjusted his position on the rock and grunted again, all little movements causing him pain.

I felt myself frown and felt sympathy for him and wanted to comfort him, but he needed his space. I lowered myself from the rock so only my upper half was visible and dug my nails into my fists to prevent myself from hugging him.

After Xavier finally managed to have his eyes fully open without pain, he looked confused around for what appeared to be the first time. He studied his clothes and surroundings, oblivious to me right next to him.

He removed his hand from his chest and placed both hands on the rock and pushed himself up.

The rock was slippery, and Xavier almost slipped.

"Careful!" I yelled as I reached out and grabbed his arm.

After Xavier steadied himself, he ripped his arm from my grip and turned around, baring his teeth at me. I look back at him confused and sad and lowered myself more, away from him.

I've caused him so much pain, of course he would be mad at me. I almost killed him for Neptune's sake!

When Xavier's black eyes locked with mine, his quickly faded back to his beautiful green ones.

Xavier was in front of me in a flash and my face collided with his chest. He breathed in my scent as I smiled and wrapped my arms around him and nuzzled my head further into his chest. I was glad to know he wasn't mad at me, and even more glad that he was alive to tell me that.

After a few moments of silence, I released my arms from around his neck and pulled back a little to look at him and talk with him, but his growl stopped me so I wrapped my arms around him again.

Hsi hold on me tightened and I began to feel nervous. We needed to talk about what happened, I didn't want to but we both had questions for each other.

"....uhm....Xavier.. ?"

"Hm?"

I smiled when he responded to me, his nose running along my neck and one of his hands playing with my hair but dismissed it and returned to the subject at hand.

"We need to talk....about what happened..."

I felt him stiffen and he removed the hand from my hair and held me out at arm's length and his dark green swirls bored into my blue ocean eyes.

"I-"

"Wait, don't speak." Xavier said, cutting me off.

I closed my mouth and felt my anxiety build and I began playing with my hair nervously. Did he hate me now?

" You scared me." Xavier said, breaking my thoughts.

I looked back up at his eyes, confused. What? Was I really that scary under the full moon? Was I that much of a monster to him?

"I've never been scared, not once in my life." Xavier continued on, and I've never seen this side of him.

He was always so serious and had his 'alpha' mode on, so this was surprising to me.

I felt my tears unwilling return as my eyes became watery, but I refused to let them fall.

I really was a monster.

As if reading my thoughts, Xavier cupped my face into his hands and made me look into his beautiful green eyes full of sadness,........and a hint of fear. The tears split and I had to pull away to wipe them, embarrassed and ashamed.

"I'm not scared of you. I was scared of losing you."

I looked up at him with my watery eyes. He spoke before I could.

"I don't know what was happening, I was scared something happened to you. I thought it was my fault or maybe you were sick, I was scared of loosing you. I didn't know what was going on, hell, I still dont really." Xavier took my fave in his hands again and made me look into his eyes.

I released my head from his hold, but only to wrap my arms around him and hug him in a tight embrace, which he gladly returned.

"I'm sorry." Xavier whispered to me in my ear as he placed a soft kiss on it.

He shouldn't be sorry, I should.

"No, im sorry. I should have told you....i almost killed you...i-i was selfish and...i found you like this....a-and...i can't l-leave you....y-you-"

"Shhh." Xavier said, silencing me as I broke into silent yet powerful tears.

After a minture when my tears were gone and my throat dry, I look at him with my tear stained cheeks and decided. I needed to tell him.

"It is my fault. I need to tell you. Why I...."

"Shh..its not your fault-"

"It is!" I said a little too loudly, but I cleared my throat and continued.

"I-i knew that was going to happen...that I was going to act out....and I don't do anything...b-because I was scared you'd see me as..as...a f-freak...o-or-"

"Cailsta." Xavier said, interrupting me.

He took my face in his palms and brought his face close to mine and placed a soft kiss on my lips and looked deep into my eyes before saying:

"No matter what you are, or who you are, I will never see you as a freak. You are my mate and I'll always care.
Even when you hate me, I'll care.
When you are alone, I'll be your shadow.When you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you are not happy, I'll be your smile.
I'll always be there until I die."

----------------------------------

✖ ----- Dont forget to ----- ✖

➳Comment your reaction to Xavier's speech!

➳Stalk & follow meh

➳Vote & Share with your frendzzzz

---------------------

Have a lovely day! 💕

∞ ♢ αиgєℓ ♢ ∞