Chapter 23 - Hugs

We were all upstairs sitting in the living room at Xaviers house.

Aiden was in the kitchen using the phone to call everyone and tell them where we were, and The three of us were sitting in the living room. It was a bit awkward and quiet, Xavier and Lucas were talking about nothing in particular and I was happy to see my family again after all this time.

Aiden walked into the room breaking my thoughts and I stood up from Xaviers lap and walked toward him.

"well.....?"

"They'll be here in around 10 minutes."

I nodded my head and began to play with my hair, a nervous habit I need to stop.

"I'll let the guards know to lead them to our house and who they are."

I turned around to face Xavier when he mind-linked the pack and I gave a small smile and nod in thank you and sat back on his lap as Aiden sat on the couch across from us with Lucas.

It felt like the longest ten minutes of my life.

Nobody talked, everybody lost in their own thought.

Would they be mad at me? Would they think I was careless and not careful?

Would they want to stay with me.....?

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud knocking on the door, and I knew it was them. My parents. My brothers. My family.

I stood up and went to open the door, but whoever it was was inpatient and the next hing i knew they kicked the door down and almost hit me before Xavier pulled me out of the way in time.

I looked up and sure enough, my family was there. My dada had been the one that kicked down the door and my mom practically pushed him out of the way and stood in the middle of the living room looking frantic until her eyes found me.

"CALISTA! MY BABY!"

"Mom! i-"

I didn't get to finish since she tackled  me (yes, actually tackled me like a football player) and started kissing my face all over and my dad soon joined in, and the next thing I know my whole family is dog piled on top of me.

I started crying after my mom did, but they were both tears of joy. I think I even saw my dad shed a tear and I've never seen him cry once in my life.

"We missed you so much!" My cried between sobs and I started crying harder.

"I missed you too..!"

After a good ten minutes of that repeating we all stood up and had a big hug standing up.

"Does this mean you guys aren't mad at me..?"

I asked looking down, I knew they missed me, but I was careless to get lost.

"Oh honey! Of course not! How could you ever think that?!"

My mother said giving me yet another hug.

My father nodded.

"Your mothers right sweetie, we could never be mad at you. Were just glad you're here and can't wait to go back home."

Oh. They don't know about my mate.

I pulled back from my moms hug and looked at my other brothers behind them and smiled, which they gladly returned before I looked at both of my parents seriously.

"Mommy, daddy do you know why I'm here.....?"

I used mommy and daddy to try and butter them up, and it worked.