Chapter 7 - Toast

I wrote a  bit of a longer chapter for you guys, enjoy!

-----------------------

I descended down the stairs, each step making a loud creak that echoed throughout the empty house.

The house seemed to be empty, and I felt a little relieved. I didn't want to meet his pack, that would mean I was the luna and I was staying.

And I was not staying.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and turned around a corner and stepped into what appeared to be a large living room. There was a plasma screen tv on the wall with surround-sound speakers on the ceiling, high-end furniture, and large coffee table in the middle, and expensive looking paintings on the walls and fancy decor that all looked very modern. 

  Overall, the house appeared to be very modern and expensive.

 I thought werewolves lived in a pack house, but even though this house was large, there appeared to be no one around and it didn't look big enough to fit a few hundred people. 

I remembered his instructions on to meet him down the hall, and decided not to keep him waiting. I took one last look at the room, before going through the archway through the kitchen. 

The kitchen was just as nice as the living room, with modern appliances and two large stoves and a long dining room table with fresh delicate flowers in a pot sitting on top.

I passed through the kitchen and went through the archway on the other side of the kitchen.

I peeked my head through and looked down a long, dark hallway. There was only one light and no windows, with a plush dark green carpet and rustic looking wooden panels along the wall.  This hallway seemed to not be as modern as the other rooms in the house, yet still had a fresh, appealing look.

My eyes wandered to the doors along the hallway, but one caught my eye in particular. It was larger than the other doors, it had a negative vibe as if it was saying, Don't dare come in."

After staring at the door for a minute with feelings of pure curiosity, anxiety, and unease it dawned upon me that this was the door he instructed me to go to.

I loudly gulped and let go of the archway and took a step down the hallway.

I walked down the hallway and stopped in front of the large door.

I put my ear up against the door and listened for any sounds, however I was only met with dead silence.

I pulled back and faced the door, looking down at the door knobs. 

I raised a shaky hand up to the door, hesitating a second, before I moved my hand to knock.

"Come in."

A voice sounded from inside before my hand had even knocked.

I lowered my hand and placed it on the knob, twisting it and slowly opening the door.

I slowly slipped through the door, closing it behind me.

I looked up to come eye-to-eye with my "mate."

Directly across from me, he sat behind a large, L-shaped wooden desk with two padded chairs in front of it. His desk was large and was covered in papers and had a laptop on top of it.

The walls were lined with bookshelves and paintings of people, who were previous alphas I assume. On the right of me was a couch and a small sitting area that consist of a small couch and a leather chair.