Chapter Three

Chapter Three

When the train arrived in Busan, I was ready to go home as soon as I possibly could. I wanted to see my parents and sleep in my own bed and be as far away from Jungkook as possible. I looked around my familiar surroundings, glad to be home. I hailed a taxi and headed straight to my family's home.

When the cab pulled up in front of the large house, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. This was the one place where I truly felt safe. I had lived in this house all my life, but I knew that eventually I would have to move out, likely when I got married.

That thought soured my mood a bit. I grabbed my luggage, paid the cab driver, and practically skipped my way up to the door. I rang the doorbell three times and waited, hoping that one of my parents was up.

Moments later, the door opened, revealing my mother standing there in a dark purple, silken robe. Her face expressed her shock at seeing me. Immediately, she pulled me in for a hug.

"I didn't think you were going to be home for another day or two, Hyorin. Why are you here so early? Where's your handsome boyfriend?" she asked. I sighed and extracted myself from her embrace.

"A lot happened in Seoul, Mom," I said. "Let's go inside, okay?"

My mom pulled me in the door, making me leave my luggage behind with my shoes as she brought me into the living room. She sat me down on the couch and faced me.

"Talk," she demanded.

I spent the next twenty minutes describing everything that had transpired while in Seoul. I told her about finding Jungkook and Minah together, wandering off into the city, and staying the night somewhere else. I didn't dare tell her about Yoongi, though.

Her expression hardened over the course of my story. When I was done, she looked to be completely in disbelief.

"I can't believe that boy would do something like that. I'll have your father speak to Mr. Jeon about it," she said, shaking her head.

"No, no, that's fine, Mom, really. I'm done with Jungkook."

Her eyes snapped up to my face, as if searching to see if I was serious. Suddenly, she shouted, "Seung-jae!"

Crap.

Moments later, my father appeared in the room, looking back and forth between the two of us. "Jungsu? What's wrong? Hyorin, I thought you wouldn't be home for another few days."

My mother turned to him, a look of disbelief still on her face. "Hyorin, tell him what happened."

I recounted my story for the second time, and watched my father's expression carefully. He was frowning.

"But I'm done with Jungkook now," I finished. His expression suddenly mirrored my mother's.

"What do you mean you're 'done with him'?" he asked. This time I frowned.

"I mean that I no longer want anything to do with him. He ruined the five and a half years we've been together. Our relationship is over." I explained, uncertain as to where he was going with this.

My dad shook his head, placing a hand on my mother's shoulder. Her hand immediately covered his. I watched their interaction with a pang of jealousy. I wished to have what they did, and I'd thought I had that with Jungkook.

"This will not do. We will wait for Jungkook to return, he will explain himself, apologize, and you will accept."

I blanched. "What?!"