Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

The next day I had to work again. I was up at the ass-crack of dawn as per usual, but today when I checked the time on my phone, I had a text.

Good morning –Yoongi

A smile erupted on my face, and I couldn't help the girlish giggle that escaped my lips. I knew he wasn't a morning person – had he woken up early just to send that to me?

Morning –Hyorin

Instantly, I got a response.

Are you getting ready for work? –Yoongi

I just woke up actually –Hyorin

Setting my phone on the nightstand, I headed to my bathroom to get ready for the day. I was in an exceptionally good mood today, and I felt like I was on top of the world.

I was still wrapping my mind around the fact that Yoongi liked me. And that kiss the night before . . .

My face heated up with the thought, and I scolded myself. One person shouldn't be able to affect me so much. Past boyfriends never made me feel the way Yoongi did, even though only one of my past relationships was a serious one.

Stop, I halted my train of thought. I didn't need Jungkook distracting me from my joyous mood. He wouldn't hold me down today.

Twenty minutes later, I walked back into my bedroom to grab my phone.

Oh –Yoongi

I hope you have a good day –Yoongi

Come over later, okay? –Yoongi

I grinned, typing back a quick "thanks" and "okay". I slipped my phone into my pocket and grabbed my shoes and coat to head out the door.

Jin and Hoseok immediately noted my good mood when I came in. Both of them shot me weird looks, and then exchanged glances with each other.

Surprisingly, Jin was the first one to say anything.

"Why are you in such a great mood today?" he asked, following me into the back room. Moments later, Hoseok joined us.

I grinned, and simply replied, "He kissed me."

Jin looked surprised, and Hobi grinned widely, saying, "Congrats, girl!"

I blushed. "Yeah, well."

Jin smirked and shook his head. "Well, as long as this means you'll be working hard today, good for you."

"Yah," I said, slapping his arm lightly. "All you care about is work."

After that, we opened the shop for the day. The customer traffic was pretty steady, and things were as uneventful as they usually were.

It was about two o'clock when things went downhill.

I had been wiping down the counter for the nth time that day, and Hobi was eating something secretly in the corner. Jin was just about to sit down at one of the tables in the dining room to do some paperwork when the door swung open, alerting us of customers with a light ring of a bell.

I lifted my gaze to the door and completely froze, as did the boys.

Areum walked in, looking dazzling as ever. I had never seen her outside of her work environment, but she looked even prettier all dressed up. I knew that she had captivated Jin and Hobi's attention, but I barely saw her.

The man behind her was who I had my eyes focused on. I would know that flaming orange hair anywhere.

Park Jimin walked into the café hand-in-hand with Areum, eyes scanning the surroundings. He first saw Jin and Hoseok, and lastly, his chocolate eyes landed on me. His full lips parted in surprise, and he would have stopped walking if not for Areum pulling him toward the counter.