Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

The rest of the week passed without word from my parents or Yoongi. I tried not to be too concerned about it, but it was hard to not worry a little.

I kept in contact with Namjoon throughout the week, though, and I assumed that he was probably telling Yoongi about it.

A few days after the kiss incident, and after a particularly stressful day of work, Namjoon called me.

"Hello?" I answered, setting my bag down on the counter in my apartment.

"Yo, what's up?" Namjoon said. I made a face – who talks on the phone like that?

I made my way into my bedroom, sitting down on my mattress when I responded. "Not much. Why'd you call?"

"Well," he started, sounding uncomfortable, "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today."

I was certainly surprised. We'd really only talked through text because the only time I was with Namjoon in person, he'd been on his phone.

Noting my silence, he continued, "Taehyung will be there too. The kid's been really bummed about not being able to see you again, especially since Amanda has."

"Um, well, sure. Where at?" I asked.

"We were thinking Taehyung's place," he replied. "Apparently my apartment is too boring for him."

I laughed lightly. "So it'll just be you, me, and Tae?"

"Yeah," Namjoon said. "Is that okay? We can invite Yoongi if you want."

"No, nonono. That's perfectly okay. No need for that."

Namjoon chuckled. "Alright, well, see you soon? I text you Tae's address."

"Okay, see you soon," I said and hung up. I let out a breath of air. All I could think about throughout my shift today was coming home and relaxing, but I did want to get to know Namjoon and Taehyung better.

My phone vibrated with a text. I glanced at the address Namjoon sent me and sighed, grabbing my coat again.

I quickly headed out into the frigid air, walking briskly to Taehyung's apartment. I arrived a few minutes later.

Taehyung's apartment building was actually rather nice. The exterior was clean, and when I entered, everything looked nice and put together. I didn't stick around long to ogle and quickly made my way to the elevator since his place was on the fourth floor.

When I finally found his door, I didn't even get the chance to knock before he threw the door open and pulled me inside.

"Hyorin!" he exclaimed excitedly. "I'm so glad to see you."

"Likewise," I said with a laugh. He turned and headed back into his living room, and I slipped off my coat and shoes before following.

Taehyung's apartment was nice and cozy. What surprised me was that it was actually clean and organized. I guess I'd assumed that he would be the messy type, but it didn't seem like it.

Namjoon was sprawled across Tae's couch, staring at his phone. I snorted and rolled my eyes at the sight. Of course.

"Hyung!" Tae shouted, running up and jumping on top of Namjoon. The latter let out a grunt and dropped his phone. "Hyorin is here, you need to be social!"

Namjoon shoved Tae off of him and sat up, sending me a small wave. I smiled back in response. Tae continued to lie on the floor, whining about how Namjoon was so mean to him.