Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The next day at work was pretty tame. We had a steady amount of customers throughout the day, but they came in small numbers. I was pretty grateful for that because it was Saturday and I didn't want to work too hard.

I was busy mopping up the floor where some kids had spilled their drinks when Hoseok came running up to me.

"Hyorin!" he said, sounding excited. I looked up at him with a blank expression. I was about to say something when he continued. "Jin says he's going to treat us to dinner after work today."

"Really?" I asked, surprised. I knew that in many work settings coworkers would go out together, but for some reason I didn't think that would be the case here.

"Yeah!" Hobi said excitedly. "Jin must finally like you!"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "I don't know about that. I think he's just trying to pretend that he's a polite gentleman."

Hobi snickered, and just then Jin shouted from the back, "I have exceptionally good hearing, you know!"

I finished mopping the floor and brought my cleaning supplies to the back room, leaving Hobi out in the dining area. When I entered the room, Jin was sitting at the small table we had set up, hunched over some papers. I decided not to bother him.

Quickly, I put the supplies away and then grabbed for my phone, checking the time.

"Closing time!" Hobi yelled, coming in through the doorway. Then, his expression turned serious. "Where are we going, Jin? I'm expecting something super fancy, got it?"

Jin rolled his eyes. "We're going to the usual place."

I had expected a negative reaction from Hobi, but his face lit up like a kid on Christmas. "Awesome!"

"The usual place?" I asked, not sure what was going on. Jin looked up at me from the papers on the table.

"Yeah, there's a nice place downtown. It's small and a little out of the way, but . . ." he trailed off, waving his hand to finish his sentence. I knew I probably wouldn't get any more out of him, so I gave up.

I still had my phone in my hand, and I decided it would be a good idea to text Yoongi.

I'm going out with the coworkers tonight so don't expect me –Hyorin

Almost immediately, he responded.

Good luck, don't die. Hope you can handle your alcohol –Yoongi

I frowned at the message. "Don't die" did not sound promising. I typed back a quick "K thanks" before turning my phone off and slipping it into my jacket pocket.

Hoseok was already waiting to leave when I got to the front door.

"Did you bring Jin with you?"

"Obviously not."

"I swear," Hobi said. "He takes forever."

I just laughed as we stood together by the door, waiting for Jin. After five minutes had passed, I was starting to get a little impatient as well.

"Jin! Are you taking a dump or something?" Hobi yelled.

"Shut up, Hoseok!" Jin shouted back, emerging from the back room, struggling to pull his jacket on. "You're always so impatient. It takes a little while to close up shop – not that you'd know, you always leave me to do it."

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Whatever, you're the boss for a reason."

And with that, we headed out.