XLVI - "Dangerous enough for actual iron shackles."

"Main!" Helena hissed, trying to rouse the hero.

 Main snorted and rolled his head to the side.

"Wake up! Seriously, what's wrong with you?!"

Floating in the room was a swarm of deadly typos. Helena cursed under her breath and silently prayed that a slip of the tongue wouldn't aggravate the vicious creatures.

"M-Main!" Helena whispered harshly. "Get up already! We're in huge danger!"

*

"Huh?" Main groaned. "Why's it so dark?"

Helena sighed. "Just don't open your mouth okay? You'll draw the Typos to us."

"Typos?" His head shot up comically. "Where?"

Helena gestured frantically around the dungeon, before realizing Main still had a bag restricting his vision. She leaned down, gnawing her bonds away. "At least they don't think we're dangerous enough for actual iron shackles."

Typos floated eerily around the room like sentient candyfloss.

*

"Hurry!" Main urged. 

"Hold your horses," Helena ordered. She finishing gnawing through her own bonds and crept stealthily to Main. "Stay still, and keep quiet."

Main nodded, as she silently fiddled with Main's bonds. Even if they did escape, she couldn't help but wonder where they should go next. Helena hoped there was a dungeon map somewhere nearby. Any decent dungeon would have a compass and weapon lying about too.

*

As cold hands pulled the bag away from his eyes, Main gasped: Helena's green eyes glowed like a friendly demon's, but the Typos possessed a crimson glare that soaked the walls with glimmering, bloody light. It was, Main imagined, how a goldfish might feel swimming in a tank of sharks.

Freed from his bonds, he ran to the closest wall and began examining it for cracks, weak points and hidden passageways. Helena tried the door. She had nearly finished coaxing the rusty handle to open when Main gave a successful "Ahaa!" and pushed a jutting out brick into the wall with an echoing 'click.' 

There was a scream of unoiled mechanics, as something behind the wall was jarred into life. Then the floor began to tilt.