fourteen.

"It is different this time, Alec. You don't have a Martin Shepard to pin this on. Everything that happened previous to Kelsey Allen's death leads to you. It's looking bad." Alec's lawyer said. Nick and I watched them on my laptop through one of the many cameras he placed in the Gallagher's estate.

"What about her death points to me?" Alec asked.

"She had an affair with you. A tape of you two together leaked at your charity event, and to top it all off, she was last seen leaving here before she was killed. You were the last person to talk to her. If the autopsy results show she was pregnant, proving that you're not guilty will be near impossible." The lawyer explained. It was the same bastard, who helped him frame my father.

Alec paced around his study that same way Bridget does as he thought through a problem.

"Her husband could have done it especially if she was pregnant. As far as the judge and the public knows, I am innocent. In fact, I am one of the biggest advocates for justice in my community. I donate millions to the police department. I practically paid for the district attorney's entire campaign. I couldn't hurt a fly, and it is your job to make sure a jury believes that." He said confidently. Nick turned off the feed, turning to me.

"We need to get to Kelsey's husband before Alec does. He needs to testify against him. Before that, we need to protect him from getting framed. If we can get him to say everything Alec manipulated Kelsey into doing, everyone in that courtroom will hear how she was one of the many people that framed your father. Even if he isn't found guilty of her murder, it will out the other things he did to her. There is no reason why Kelsey's husband wouldn't want to help us." Nick said.

"I think that is a great idea, Nick." A third voice spoke. Nick and I turned around to see Kai standing my living room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, stunned he was here and not in Maui.

"Kora kindly suggested I pay you a visit. She told me you might need my help."

"While that was extremely nice of her, I think I've been doing just fine." I said hiding my irritation.

Kai saw right through me. He was trained to memorize every feature of a person's face, how they looked when we told a lie, when we were bothered or angry. Kai knew every emotion I wished to hide just by reading my face.

"What's the matter, Aiden? You don't want me here? Whether you want my presence or not, you definitely need it. You have been here the whole summer. All you've done is release a sex tape and get a woman killed."

"Gallagher Investments has had a ten percent decline in clients since I began. I know from Bridget their current clients are dissatisfied. The doctor that had me sent to a detention centre has been disgraced and is being investigated for malpractice. I have Peter Gallagher investing his clients' funds into stocks that will fall through the ground by November. I had nothing to do with Kelsey' death. It was all Alec, and I am making sure he doesn't get away with it." I argued. His presence made me uneasy and he got off on it.

"And look how far you have gotten. Have you even figured out who broke into your house? Aiden, I put all of my time and effort into you because I thought you could do this. I thought you wanted to do this. Clearly, I overestimated you." He shook his head.

"I can do it, and you know I want to. With Kelsey's death and Abigail coming back and Nate missing, I've had my hands full. I don't know what Kora told you, but I want this more than anything."