My Story

Vision

I'm the daughter of Katniss and Peeta, the victors of District 12. 

 Well, after the rebellion against the Capitol, mom went back to District 12 as well as dad. In the process of healing from the past, mom accidentally got pregnant without them knowing. (It was totally unexpected.)

But then, Mom's attitude started changing, more towards Dad, and before they knew it, she was already having tons of morning sicknesses and weird cravings. Dad wasn't shocked at all, being the family person that he is, took it all calmly but of course, with the situation they have, they're clueless when it comes to parenthood.

Their only option is to get married, given that it was Dad's idea and not Mom's.

"So what? It's time to start a new chapter in our lives, Katniss. You're carrying my baby, and let's admit that we care about each other. All this time. It's scary, but I know we can do it."

Yes, it was a rushed marriage. Especially when Mom was only doing it for my sake. (As she said.) But, she can't be in denial for so long. She loved Dad. She loves Dad. 

After  9 months, my brother, Flame, was born. He got his name after he created fire in his hospital room. (Twisted stuff right there, am I right?)
Luckily there was a fire extinguisher in his room. They were all astonished because of his ability, but first, let's all agree that it might've come from mom's personality.

Two years later, I was born -though without those strange powers like every other kid from my generation have- they named me Vision, because of my sparkling orange eyes. Not the bright orange. Soft, like the sunset.

 When I was 8 years old, I still don't have any powers like everyone else. It's fine for me, since I think it's just a responsibility given to us from the Capitol. The old Capitol, when President Paylor was still, well, president. 

But then, someone surprisingly, was alive, and they took over. Hence, the reinstated Hunger Games.

Dad considered me as a late bloomer but mom and I thought I really wasn't born without one. Or did we?

On my 9th birthday,  I suddenly fainted during my party. Everyone thought I went into coma because I was asleep for a week. But, I still have a story to tell and an adventure ahead of me, so I woke up.

When I woke up, it was 12 midnight and mom was beside me sleeping. I woke her up and we decided to get some fresh air through standing out the balcony of the hospital. 

I suddenly got the urge to blink fast and suddenly my eyesight turned dark. I thought I was going blind but Mom assured me, I wasn't. My eye color changed from orange to yellow. Like a freaking cat. Curiously, she turned off the lights of my hospital room and that's how I knew my ability. 

I can see in the dark. Like, I have these night vision glasses.

Days after that, some of my dreams started to not make sense at all. I kept it a secret and only told Flame about it. I can handle it, but I know for a fact that a 9-year old girl don't have dreams about people they haven't seen in their lives. But, I do. 

Because the Hunger Games was reinstated, Mom and Dad never failed to teach us every single possible outcome of the games.

Flame got really good at camouflaging himself and I learned how to use a bow and arrow, properly.

At first, the thought of our parents teaching us their skills and how to hone our own was so much fun and exciting. But then, I realized that they were just preparing us for the worst years of our lives.

And indeed, it was the worst years of my life.