The Prologue

"Now, the President has an announcement for us this morning." the interviewer announced and cheered.

"The Hunger Games, the rebellion, and most importantly, the war. It has brought many unfortunate memories in our lives that we wish to forget."

"The number of fatalities it has caused are incalculable and the only thing we are hoping for right now is that it would never happen again."

"We sincerely hope that it would never happen again."

"The fear that children received in such times and without the protection they need shall never happen again." 

"Which is why I, President Paylor of Panem, have invested in creating the most indestructible protection to these kids. I order every children under the age of 13, every newborn baby, and every women carrying a child to come to the Capitol and receive a one-time injection of Eurim. It is to protect these children of the next generation. Full accommodation is offered."

"Eurim is a substance made by only the best of the best scientists here at the Capitol. It strengthens a person's nucleotides of each of his/her DNA stands thus, changing the weak cells and creating newer ones that provide special abilities all in accord to that particular person's future traits and characteristics."

"We will not let fear take over our children's futures. That is all."

- - - - -

I feel a stabbing sensation as a needle pierces my arm.

"Finnick? Can you hear me?"

"Finnick, wake up." 

I open my eyes

and slowly close it again, squinting to the unfamiliar brightness of the room.

I opened my eyes again.

"Where? Where am I?" 

I look around.

"Who are you? What am I doing here? Am I dead?"

"Calm down, Finnick. You're alive and I'm here to help you." I look at her. Her face screams familiarity and yet, I can't remember.

"My name is Agatha. And I will help you." 

I stilled.

"Tell me Finnick, what is the last thing that you remembered?" and I squeeze my eyes shut, the needle hurting like hell.

And a memory comes flooding back to me.

"I was at the Capitol. It was an underground place and.."

and my brain started burning as thousands of memories came flooding back. Each and every one after the other. Some looked real and some looked blurry.

Annie.

Married.

The war.

The Capitol.

The mutts.

Abandoned.

Explotion.

"Katniss, the squad, they left me." I mumble.

She pats my back.

"And how does that made you feel, Finnick Odair?" she whispers to me.

I grab a handful of my hair.

"I-I was left there. To die. THEY LEFT ME TO DIE! I HAD NO OPTION! THEY HAD NO CHOICE. They had no choice. They had to kill me to save Panem." 

"Your mind is messed up. Your brain is killing you, Finnick." 

"How-how do I go back to the way I was?" I look at her.

"I can help you with that. And in return, I need your help as well."

"What do you need my help for?"

"I need you to be our symbol." she stood up and looked me straight in the eye.

"For what?"

"A new rebellion. To overpower the changes they've made."

She walked to a room next to mine my eyes followed to what she was about to do only to find a woman tied up in a chair, blindfolded.

She stood next to her, "I need you to be the President of Panem and overthrow her!" and she removed the blindfold.

My eyes widened in surprise. I know her.

"Paylor?"

"Finnick! You're alive!" she exclaimed.

"Alright, that's enough. Time to go, Ms, President." Agatha says and she drags the chair towards another room.

"Don't listen to her, Finnick! Don't let the pain and anger swallow you! You are good, Finnick Odair!" Paylor yells until I can no longer see her.

After a few seconds, Agatha comes back to the room.

"So, do we have a deal?" 

I lunge at her and pin her down.

"You're sick! I don't want to help you! Get me back to my Annie!"

"Sedate him!" she yells.

I was about to punch her when all the air out of my body left and I dropped to the floor next to her.

And everything became more different.

"We're gonna do this the hard way now." I hear Agatha one last time before everything went black.

- - - - - 

*BREAKING NEWS*

"President Paylor has been infiltrated but not before passing down her presidency to Finnick Odair, one of the remaining victors of the Hunger Games, and was presumed dead after the terrible war brought by the late President Snow. This is a shocking news to us all and yet, a very surprising revelation."

"And live, we are hearing his very first address as the new president of Panem."

"Sir, you are live in 3, 2, go!"

I stood head held high, "As the new president, I will do my very best to continue what my former comrades had done. And yet, there will be slight changes on everything. First and foremost, I hereby declare that the Hunger Games is reinstated following the former rules."

"A glorious day to be back, Panem. And may the odds be ever in your favor." 

I watch as the camera slowly closes and looked at the woman standing behind it.

Agatha nods at me.

"Welcome to the new era of The Hunger Games." she says.