do you remember? -xxxviii-

*

Aaron, Derek and JJ were running towards 437, wanting to tell the others what they just found out as quickly as possible.

A lot of hours had gone by now, it felt like ages since they got to the hospital, and they were all very fatigue.

They nearly ran past the room but barged in then, looking at Heather, Rossi, Prentiss and Garcia.

JJ rested one of her arms on the door, having to catch her breath.

"You can go see him now. We know in which room he is.", Morgan puffed.

Heather's eyes lit up and she tried lifting herself up.

Aaron furrowed his brows, they did know in which room Spencer was, yes, but they hadn't been to see him yet.

He was afraid to crash Heather's hope, but they didn't even know in what condition he was, let alone if he was even conscious..

As if hearing Hotch's concerns, a nurse made her way into the room.

"Dr. Jayce, how are you-", she looked up from her clipboard after having passed the agents, turning her head to look behind her again.

"There are way too many people in this room. I have to ask you to leave, please.", she stated in a flat tone.

"I have to go.", Heather said, "and they have to help me.", she looked at her team members expectantly, trying to push herself up again.

The nurse laughed, "I'm sorry, Dr. Jayce, but I believe that won't be possible until the doctor approves of it. I'm afraid we have some more tests to run before that will happen."

"Heather, listen to the nurse, you need to get some sleep", Emily tried to reason.

"Right, Dr. Jayce, with all due respect, I believe it is mandatory for you to get some rest, you are in serious need of it now. Please, remember that it's not only you who's been through this but the fetus as well..", she trailed off, looking back down at the clipboard.

"I just need to go, with all due respect, but this is mandatory for my and the fetus' sake, it won't be long, please, just let me see him. I will only be able to rest if I do.", Heather intervened.

The nurse looked at Heather seemingly perplexed for a few seconds now, before she turned to Hotch who was the only one that was still standing by the door.

"If I'm going to lose my job- I swear to god-...", the nurse muttered, before turning back around to face Heather again, "give me a minute.", she said a tad bit louder now.

Emily was biting her lip, Hotch wasn't the only one afraid of Heather going to see Spencer.

She was surely traumatized and, what if Spencer wasn't alright?

The nurse returned with a wheelchair that she carried to Heather's bed.

"Okay, get in here slowly.", she ordered, but Heather couldn't manage on her own.

Derek and David helped her to lift herself up carefully which she had tried previously in vain.

She now turned slightly so that she was sitting on the bed edge and her cold feet were slightly tangling down. They grabbed her from under her shoulders, to get her into the movable chair with caution.

When she got in, Derek began to wheel her, with the others, including the nurse, following right behind them.

"We have to make a quick stop somewhere else first.", Heather demanded, and Derek just obliged.

----------------------------

Soon they found themselves passing the trauma center, nearing the recovery area of the hospital, in a corridor that was surprisingly calm.

They got to a halt in front of a door and Heather felt uneasy.

She was feeling so, so, so nervous somehow.

It was even worse than the first time she met Spencer.

Derek knocked on the door softly, but there was no answer, which wasn't what he had hoped for.

He slowly opened the door then, wheeling Heather in also.

The rest of the team tried getting a look at Spencer, too.

He was laying in his bed with his eyes closed, looking rather pale but very peaceful.

There were a ton of monitors and the hope and anticipation was met with the constant beeping of them.

Heather's heart was beating very rapidly in her chest right now, she tried wheeling herself closer to his bed with one hand, before Morgan helped her by pushing the chair again.

"Can I, please, Can I have some time alone with him now?", she asked, and Derek nodded understandingly, before turning around and closing the door behind him.

Heather let out a painful whimper, before placing a basket on his bedside table.

"Hey Spence", she grabbed his pointer finger in her hand, "it's me, Heather."

She scanned his face but couldn't see any sign of movement. She brought her other hand to his chest to feel his pulse, even though she could see it on one of the monitors. She wanted to make sure, she wanted to feel that his heart was beating.

And indeed, she clearly felt his heart thumping, which brought a soft smile on her face.

Her eyes were watering again, but she left her hand on his chest, finding comfort in feeling his heartbeat.

She began drawing lines on his hand, before speaking.

"I love you so, so, so much Spencer Reid.", she brought out weakly, "it hurts so much."

Spencer's heartbeat accelerated a tad bit and Heather closed her eyes for a brief moment.

"I brought you a basket, like the first time we met, do you remember?"

She felt Spencer's finger move in her hand, so that she quickly opened her eyes.

Disappointment was evident on her face when she saw that he hadn't opened his eyes yet.

But that feeling quickly vanished when she heard his beautiful voice speak in a groggy manner, "Does the basket contain the same cookies as last time? They were my favourite."

--------

*A/N: ayyyy Spence is back!

-What do you think will happen next?-

I'm trying to update as much as I can this week, because I'll have to submit my project exam soon and  it's going to be very important and stressful for me hence why I'll probably be lame with updates.. I'm sorry! ☹️