culprit -xlix-

♥ a/n: I'm so horrible, I know. But after what feels like a hundred years I've come back from the dead with my graduation and everything behind me and a feeling of shame in hindsight of my old writing.. anyway I'm trying my best to get into my stories again because I can't stand leaving these works unfinished. I hope you can forgive me and enjoy. (Also- I started 'heather' over two years ago? Can that be? Oh my god, I also feel like so much has changed and nearly everybody of the team I am writing about has left which is so damn sad)  ♥

- - - - - - - - - - 

To: Alex

Can't be. Could you please do me another favor?

Is R. still in jail?

-H.

She awaited an answer anxiously. Spencer was gone on another case and she was left with her worries consuming her thoughts. They nagged at her constantly and she ended up having flashbacks again.

Heather held onto the sketch she had made and tried to see who it could apply to. But it was to no use. She didn't remember nearly enough. But when she had entered the room she had been abducted in a few days ago, she saw herself drawing it. 

This must have meant something, she was sure of it.

Heather immediately tapped onto the envelope icon when there was a signal for a new message.

From: Alex

Will do. But I'm pretty sure you would be the first one to know if he wasn't.

-A.

In order to make the time waiting for Alex's answer more bearable, she went downstairs and drank a glass of water before taking a book out of Spencer's side of the shelves that she hadn't read yet.

However- despite all of her efforts on concentrating on the fictional novel, she couldn't manage but think about him getting hurt while on a case.

There was still someone out there who wished for him being gone. She could never imagine what kind of reasons there were for someone having this desire.

She tried to get back up from the seat she had taken in and put the book back on the shelf before grabbing the remote and switching on the tiny TV.

The screen now presented a reporter who spoke about the recent political developments and Heather found herself staring at the rain that was pouring in the background of the location that was spoken about.

She shook her head and grabbed her phone out of her pocket, dialing her husbands number.

He answered on the third ring. 

If he had waited a second longer, she would've been forced to leave a message.

"Is everything alright?", he asked concerned, her heart warmed the second she heard his voice.

"That's what I wanted to ask you!", she laughed nervously.

"Look, Heather, I'll talk to you when I'm back, we're having an urgent situation right now, you know how it is.."

She nodded understanding but then realised he couldn't see her over the phone.

 "Sure. I was just wondering.. I had this thought and it won't leave me alone..."

"Yeah?"

"Nevermind.., it's pretty stupid, I..- You're busy, let's talk when you're back."

"You have me concerned now, Heath."