beautiful -xli-

*Spencer's point of view*

"I can't believe it, I'm really going to be a father. This is real.", I let out, tears rolling down my cheeks. Now, as the heartbeat of our baby resonated in the room, everything seemed to really sink in, "We're going to have a family of our own."

Heather looked at me funnily, before wiping my tears away with her thumb and smiling, "Please don't cry, Spencer, you're going to make me cry as well."

Doctor Knew turned her chair so that she was no longer facing the monitor but us, "Everything looks fine. I would like to have you here for another few days, though, before you get discharged, just so that we can make sure everything is in best order."

"I'm going to leave you two alone now. You're free to go back to your rooms or grab a bite or whatever.", she beamed at us.

"Thank you, Dr Knew.", Heather said as she got up from the stretcher.

"Thank you very much.", I nodded, before she left the room. As the door closed behind her, I took Heather into my arms. 

"We're going to be parents.", I whispered into her ear.

"I know.", she whispered back, "And you're going to be an amazing dad."

We parted and I rested my hands on her shoulders, looking into her eyes before leaning in and giving her a peck. "And you're going to be an awesome mum."

"I love you, Spencer.", Heather said, kissing me.

"And I love you, Heather."

"Are we going to go back to one of our rooms?", she asked and I shrugged before nodding. 

I entwined our fingers and opened the door for us. 

As we went down the hall, it was evident that Heather had something nagging at her mind, as she had  her lips puckered and eyebrows lifted slightly.

"What are you pondering upon, love?", I asked her and she just pulled up her shoulders, before opening her mouth to speak before we went into her room as it was closer.

"Who do you think should be the godparents?", she asked curiously. 

"Well, now that's a good question", I said, before closing the door behind us. 

Heather opened the blinds by the window, before sitting on the bed where I joined her. 

"I thought Jennifer should be the godmothersince you're Henry's godfather.", Heather suggested.

"I would've said the same, and who is going to be the godfather?", I asked her.

"You have to decide, as I decided on the godmother!", Heather demanded, smiling mischievously. 

"Ah! Nose goes!", I exclaimed, before putting both of my pointer  fingers on my nose as quickly as possible. 

"Hey! That's not fair, you can't do nose goes with only two people, there have to be a minimum of three. Now it's just as if you're ordering me to decide, which I can't do.", Heather complained.

"I know, but I can't decide either.", I said, fiddling with my fingers.

"How about", I voiced my thoughts, "we won't have godparents, we'll just have the whole team as a godfamily?"

"That's a sweet idea, I like that- a godfamily.", Heather approved of my idea. 

"Good then, that's settled.", I said, getting comfortable now. Heather stretched out her legs and put them on top of mine, before letting out a yawn.

"Tired?", I asked.

"A little.", she admitted. 

"Come here.", I said, opening my arms, so that she could snuggle closer into my side.

I kissed her scalp and the raspberry smell of her shampoo filled my nostrils. 

"You're beautiful.", I told her but she shook her head.

"Seriously, Heather, you're so beautiful."

She let out a low groan, "But I don't feel beautiful.", she whined under her breath, so that I could barely hear her. 

"But you truly are.", I said honestly, "You.", I kissed her on the lips, "are so very beautiful, Heather.", 

I put my hands on her sides, "I'm glad that I am able to call you my wife."

As soon as I said that, she lifted her head from my shoulder and looked deep into my eyes. 

"Are we even officially married now?"

"Sure, you're my wife, and if anyone else begs to differ, we're just showing them these.", I said, taking her hand in mine and fiddling with her ring.

"But I mean, officially, isn't anyone going to give us trouble about it? We weren't pronounced man and wife."

"Babe, that's the least of our worries. As soon as we're out of here we can just go and redo everything at the City Hall, okay?"

"Okay.", she agreed, "But we're not going to tell anyone about it, are we? I don't want everything just-.."

"It will be our secret.", I said, planting a kiss on her forehead, "Have I already told you that you're adorable when you worry?"

"I'm not.", she blushed and tried hiding her face in the pillow.

"Or when you blush like that.", I smiled.

"Is that why you married me?", she teased.

"Inter alia.", I shrugged. 

"Ah! Alright, so tell me then, Dr Reid. I've always wondered why you stuck around with sad ole me.", she demanded.

"Well, first off, you're f*cking good in bed.", I said, smirking. 

Heather's mouth formed an 'O'-shape and I couldn't help myself but burst out laughing at her facial expression. I would've never imagines me saying stuff like that but here I am, overly happy  with  my lovely wife who is pregnant with our baby.

"Spencer Reid!", she slapped my shoulder, "you naughty boy!"

"I was only joking!", I continued laughing. 

"Is that so?", she asked. 

"Maybe?", I wiggled my eyebrows, before nuzzling my head into her neck and planting lots of kisses there.