it's okay -xxxix-

**

"Spencer!", Heather exclaimed, tears of radiating joy leaving her eyes, that were underlined with dark circles. She looked so tired and sad.

"Spencer..", she whispered now, trying her hardest to move the rolling chair nearer to his bed.

Reid smiled weakly, unsure of what exactly had happened, he remembered some of it, but the rest was all a blur. He brought both of his big, thin hands up to cup Heather's face.

A faint smile made its way onto his lips as he saw the image of Heather walking towards the altar in that beautiful white dress before him. She had been slightly made up and her irises had been radiating with joy.

How can something change so easily and drastically in just a short span of time? Spencer frowned.

"I love you so much.", she cried, taking his hand in hers to kiss it, "so, so much."

He hushed her slightly before speaking up again, assured that they would get over this temporary sadness, this worry- the realisation of the grand possibility of the end, of darkness, "I love you way more, Heather."

"I'm sorry, Spencer, I'm- it's all my fault.", she spoke, still blaming herself for everything that had happened.

She got the ring out of the cardigan Emily had lend her and slid it onto his finger, before looking down at her own ring and twirling it.

"It's okay, babe, I'm okay now.", Spencer said, slowly lifting himself up a tad bit, so that he could tilt Heather's chin and kiss her passionately.

"We're okay.", he continued cooing in a hushed voice as they parted, "and we'll get through this, we already went through a lot. Don't worry, please, we'll manage this as well."

She wanted to shout out that nothing was okay, Spencer didn't deserve this.
He didn't deserve any of this.

"You deserve so much better, love.", She spoke, quivering.

Heather debated on wether or not she should tell him about their babies right now, but she decided against it since he had to rest. It was already too much.

"That's just nonsense.", Spencer proclaimed, "you're more than anything else to me.", he chuckled,"it's insane how much I love you. And I want you. Only you, Heather. And you're the only thing I need."

Heather tried to lift herself up slightly when Spencer got closer. They leaned in to kiss longingly, before parting again.

She still felt dull, the pain in her abdomen wouldn't ease. She was scared, in fact, she had never been this scared before, this odd feeling plagued her and wouldn't leave.

The feeling of everything being inevitable and that she failed to save her little family.

To her it felt like she had to lock everyone in a house and had to sit there still, not even blinking so that the baby would be safe.

There was just so much evil in the world and Heather was scared. If the babies weren't even safe in their mother's womb..

She didn't want to do the rest of the tests, she felt like they would destroy her.

So she tried her best to get up, and succeeded for once, getting onto Spencer's bed slowly. He held her hand to help her as he saw that she was struggling.