profile-lii-

I wait for the elevator doors to open and storm into the hall as soon as they do. 

Turning my head to look for the others, I spot Garcia and Heather and quickly go to approach her and engulf her in a hug. She buries her head under my chin and I kiss the top of her head. 

We seperate slightly to give each other a quick peck on the lips before parting completely to see Garcia smiling brightly at us. 

"I have to look at the profile the others presented, I'll find you again in a few minutes, alright?"

"Alright. I'm just glad you're okay.", she says and a big smile etches itself on my face, my headache from the tiring interview nearly fading away magically.

Heather turns to follow Garcia into her office and Penelope informs me of where I'll most likely find the rest of the team. 

I shout a quick 'thank you' in her direction before she is gone and turn to find the others, which turns out to only take a few minutes. 

"Spencer!" Emily shouts and gives me a quick hug, followed by JJ doing the same. 

Morgan pats me on the back, "you okay, kiddo?"

I smile at them and ask about what they found out in the time I was gone, the tone of the conversation quickly turning serious from the cheerful yet slightly worried greetings at the beginning. 

We sit down at the breifing table and they inform me about what they found out while I was gone, handing me multiple files to look through. 

I take in all of the facts and try to arrange them in a logical pattern, only looking up when Emily asks about wether or not we plan to inform Heather about everything. 

"I think we should tell her about the profile," Morgan says, "it is likely that Spencer or her have some sort of connection with the Unsub and seeing as Spencer couldn't think of anyone so far, Heather's our best chance."

"I agree with Morgan," JJ nods, "she should know about the profile. She probably has the best recollection of what exactly happened at that day as she was closest to Spencer when it did happen and we should try everything to bury these bad memories. She can only bring the events to a close when the Unsub is behind bars, so we should do everything to get to that point as fast as possible."

"Yes," Hotch looks at me, his stern look not faltering in the slightest, "justice should be served and we should try everything to secure their lives as they are still in danger."

"How should we go about it?", Rossi asks.

"I suggest I speak to her.", I mutter and the rest of the team follows Hotch in looking at me. 

It takes a little while to convince everyone that that would be the best option but when they finally agreed, I take the files and stand up. 

Before I can make my way to my wife however, Hotch stops me and tells me that there will be agents surveilling our house as long as the wrongdoer isn't in custody yet and I agree, seeing that it is for the best.

-

I step into Garcia's office and tell Heather to come with me. She hugs Garcia and bids her goodbye before following me to where the desk spaces are, letting go of my hand as soon as we got into the big room. 

We sit down opposite each other and I am thankful for it being fairly empty as  it was already late.

"Okay, so, the others have put togetther a profile and I thought we could see if we had anything to add."

I scan her facial features and force myself to open one of the files that now lay on my desk, before taking the paper out and giving it to her. 

Heather presses her lips together, scanning the sheet quickly, she mutters a few of the bullet points under her breath, "complex relationship to their mother, under a lot of stress, very intelligent, has experienced a lot of violence in their childhood..."

She looks up at me and she puts both of her hands on top of her belly. 

"Spencer?"

"Hmmnm?"

"I wanted to tell you earlier, I had the feeling someone was following Penelope and me today at the mall.",  she pauses for a second, "we went shopping, you know, and bought some things that are in the car, I'll show them to you once we're home..", she drifts off slightly, "but when we were eating I noticed this man- he looked a bit familiar but I couldn't really see his face and he was wearing a basecap and.."

I reach across the table and manage to put one of my hands on top of hers. As she utters these words, I think about this as well- lately I felt as if we were being watched, too.

"And I realized, in hindsight, that I felt someone's presence before today as well. Before going to yoga, when checking for the mail, I don't know, but there's someone following us.."