safe -lv-

- a few days later- 

Everybody was trying their best to find my father and frankly, I felt like I was going berserk. 

Spencer spent a lot of the time with the team at the Bureau and I was bound to be home. I was adviced not to leave the house- I couldn't even drive around if I wanted to. 

To keep myself sane however I had asked Spencer to go to my pregnant women yoga class  today for the last time as my date was approaching, but he argued that it wouldn't be safe. I retaliated that it would be as safe as keeping me enclosed in this house as my father is crazy- if he really wanted to hurt me he would've had countless chances. 

I still wasn't sure why but it seemed like he was concentrated on keeping Spencer away from me- he had forced someone into trying to take his life- for whatever reason we weren't sure of as of yet but it must be in relation to me somehow. And he got hold of his DNA, trying to get him imprisoned somehow when his first plan hadn't worked out.

"Heather- why are you so selfish? Why don't you understand that I'm just trying to protect you and our daughter?!" 

"Selfish? Really?" 

"Fine!", he sighed, "you know what? Do whatever you want! I'm tired, tired of arguing, I have to leave now. Just promise me to stay safe, okay?"

"I will be safe, don't worry. I'm rather worried about you, though, just be careful, alright?"

He nods and leaves me be. I have a few hours to kill before someone comes to drive me to the course, so I settle down with a book to read.

I am surprised when I see that Steve is the one to drive me today again, I greet him and ask him how his family is doing. 

It is a short drive so we have a bit of small talk. He is about to park the car but I stop Steve as soon as I see him. 

"Steve? Please keep on driving.", I say, "that's him, right there in front of the entrance."

"Okay. Stay calm, yeah?" 

I nod hesitantly, trying my best to do as told, though I feel my heart beating rapidly against my chest. 

"I would be dumb to go after him alone, seeing as he has a weapon right there in the pocket of his jacket," he says scanning the visible outline of the gun against the material, "okay- I know what we're going to do."

"Yeah?"

"You should call Reid and let him now, I will tail him, trying my best to stay unnoticed, pretending to wait for my wife, grabbing a coffee there," he points at the small café right next to where he is standing, "if he is moving, they'll be able to trace my phone. You take the car and drive to the Bureau where you will be safe. Okay? I'll wait for backup to come when they're ready."

"We have no other choice, do we?" 

He shakes his head no, continuing to drive down the road so that I have time to call Spencer. He parks the car about three streets from the studio and we switch sides, so that I sit behind the steering wheel. I see Steve push up his fringe out of the corner of my eye, his hands trembling slightly. 

"Heather?"

"Spencer?"

"Is everything-"

"You were right, Spencer," I can't help the tears, "he was standing right there, in front of the studio. I am going to come to the Bureau whilst Steve tails him. Can you tell Hotch?"

"I will." 

"Spencer?"

"Yes?"

"Please don't come here. Please wait at the Bureau for me, will you?"

He says that he will, but he doesn't promise which makes me feel even more worried than I already was in the fist place.

I hang up and Steve gets out of the car after I tell him to be careful, he lightly squeezes my shoulder and gives me a small smile. 

My eyes stay on his back a bit longer before I can get myself to realise what just happened. I let it sink in for a minute, trying to stay as calm as possible.

I drive over at least three red lights on my way and nearly stumble when I attempt to get out of the car.

When I enter the BAU section of the building, Spencer engulfs me in a hug when I find him in one of the conference rooms, "I hate to say this but I told you so, Heather. I just had this feeling.""I should have put you into hiding.", he says, shaking his head,"I really regret not doing so from the beginning on."

"I most likely wouldn't have been able to figure out that it had been him then until it was too late."I say quietly, not even wanting to think about it. 

Spencer pays no attention to my previous words, "Rossi will take you with him now, Heather. You will go somewhere at least four hours away from here. It's a shame you can't fly but you're going to drive away until this is over. I won't have it any other way."

"But, Spencer- what if..", he interrupts me before I get to finish uttering the multiple worries flooding into my mind. 

 But what if? What if he decides to join the others? What if one of them gets hurt? What if Spencer gets hurt? Or, god forbid, more than hurt? What if he follows us? What if the baby comes and Spencer isn't there? What about our family? What if I am not able to go on without Spencer at this stage? What if I am so scared that I don't even know anymore and I can't stand the thought of not knowing wether or not he's doing good or not?

"I won't have it any other way.", he states again, apparently having decided a while back, which means nothing could change his mind. 

This hurt me- I didn't get to have any say in this. 

"But this isn't only about us staying safe, Spencer," I say, indicating me and our daughter, "this is about our family. You are part of that, I need you more than anything, especially now.", I try to protest even though I know I don't stand any chance.

"Please stay save, Spencer.", I cry, "Please be careful. I love you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I could never forgive-"

"I love you, too. Please, take care.", he says softly and kisses me and we part when someone knocks on the door.

It's David. "You ready?", he asks and I turn back to look at Spencer one last time, angry that he makes me leave him.

"You have to go Heather," his voice breaks and he is forced to clear his throat before continuing, turning to address Rossi, "drive as far away as you can."

A/N 
I won't have any internet connection for two weeks straight from tomorrow on so you'll get another chapter now, I hope that's alright. also- we're nearing the end of the book folks