[10]

Hockey stared at me. I stared at Hockey. Carl stared at Hockey.

I didn't move. It was like I was frozen in place. I manage to say this:
"I knew you were alive" and then, I break into a sprint, running into his arms.
I run my fingers through his sweaty hair and smell his scent. He laughs.
"Y/n! you're back." he murmurs, holding me close. I pull away. Hockey the great and powerful. His eyes are welling up with tears.
"Even better" I say, taking his hand. I walk him over to Carl, who is following Hockey's everymove. Carl sticks his hand out for Hockey to shake but Hockey doesn't take it, instead he forcefully squeezes Carl into a big bear hug. Carl looks taken back.
"You've been takin care of my girl." Hockey beams, his face ecstatic. "So you just happen to be my best friend." Hockey lets go of Carl, who now looks a little angry.
"We should go." Carl reprimands, starting to walk without Hockey and I.
"Go where?" Hockey asks.
"Hey, we have plenty of time to explain." I squeeze Hockey's hand.
On the way back to the prison I fill Hockey in on everything.

We arrive back at the prison at sundown and Rick shows Hockey to his cell- after Mika
introduces him to everyone. I was going to check on him, but first I needed to check on Carl.
I walked over to his cell in Block A and knocked. The bars had blue sheets strung over for privacy.
"Come in." I heard Carl murmur. I opened the door and walked in. His bed had nice covers and he had a nice mat layed over his floor.
"Hey Cowboy." I greet, smiling at him.
He's sitting in the corner on a cushion reading a comic.
"Hey." he bluntly replies, like he is bored.
"What are you reading?" I ask, leaning against the cell door. He lifts up the cover quickly and then continues to read it.
"Carl...did I do something wrong?" I question. Something about his attitude made me wonder whether I had or not.
"Look Y/n, just go hang out with Huskey or whatever his name is. I don't have time for drama." He rolls his eyes.
"Really Carl? Because you're the one starting the drama. Something amazing happened to me today- because of you. I love you Carl. I owe everything to you. These days that I have spent with you have been the best days of my life and for you to give it all up over some childish tantrum would really suck, Carl. So talk to me." I slide down next to him.
He looks over at me and I am no longer too shy to hold eye contact.
"I just...It's obvious that he thinks you're his and you aren't doing much to convince him otherwise." He argues. I don't care though, I get butterflies anyway.
"Are you saying...I'm yours?" I gawk, watching him with a smirk.
Carl blinks.
"Did you say you love me?" Carl teases.
"I did." I straight out admit.
"Then yes. I did say you were mine." He grins.
I wrap my arms around him and give him a quick peck.
We roll around in a ball of love, just kissing, when there is a knock at Carl's cell door.
I jump off of him and straighten up. Acting casual.
"Carl?" Says Rick's voice.
"Come in." Carl answers.
Rick walks in with two plates of pasta.
"One for you Y/n and one for you, Carl" Rick says, smiling. Carl raises an eyebrow.
"Thanks dad but um...how did you know Y/n was in here?"
Rick rolls his eyes.
"Carl, I shouldn't need to remind you that you live in a bedroom where there are no walls, just bars. The fact that you have sheets strung up does not make it soundproof," Carl blushes as Rick starts making kissing noises. "That! That is what the ENTIRE prison can hear. Smooch smooch." Rick pauses, an amused look on his face. "Just...um..be careful?" Rick then storms out. He's embarrassed and by the look of Carl he is embarrased too.
Well that was fun...

Not.