[25]

RON
A day later Carl walked up to the prison gates alone, covered in muck and blood. Rick- who had been anxiously waiting by the gates threw his arms around Carl and they stood there together.
Took me a few minutes to understand why.
Carl was alone.
All along we had just suspected Carl and Y/n had ran off to hide or something but no.
I left the guard tower and walked down to Carl. Tucked in his back pocket was her gun, I noticed that as I watched him cry into his fathers chest.
Rick pulled away and looked at Carl.
"Son, what happened?" He asked.
I could hear his answer, beneath his tears.
"She didn't make it"
I felt angry and I felt sad. Sissy, Hockey and now Y/n. I was alone.
I stormed to my cell.

After a while Carl knocked on the door, cleaned up and looking better. This kind of death though, you could never really get better from it. He sat down on the end of my bed.
"Ron." He whispered. I could tell this was hard for him to say.
"How did it happen?" I ask. The answer may hurt me- but I need to know.
"I was getting shot at and I... she... she jumped in front" Carl whispered.
I don't say anything like 'it should have been you!' Because it shouldn't have been. I smile at him.
"She died a hero. Thats all I need to know"
Carl smiles.
"We'll get through this" he says.
I nod.
"I know."
Then I start crying. Because I know we will.
We will live on, it just hurt to know it would be without Sissy or Y/n.
"We both lost the love of our lives Ron." Carl says, wiping away the tears that sneak out of his eyes.
"I buried her." he says.
I nod.
"I never got to tell Sissy how I felt." I sigh.
Carl shakes his head.
"She knew. And I know she felt the same"
Carl's words mean the world to me.

A few days later Carl took me to her grave, in the backyard of a farmhouse. It had stones around it.
We cried by her grave.
But Carl is right, we will get through this.
We will live on.