[15]

After our shift is over, we head down the guard tower.

We notice a bunch of people crowding around Hershel. I pushed through. He had a lady there and she was panicking.
"Does anyone have a puffer?" He calls through the crowd, still comforting her. Another woman passes Hershel the puffer and he gives it to the lady.
"That's the last" The woman says. Hershel stands up, limping away.
Carl jumps up and catches up with Hershel.
I don't follow, instead I approach the lady.
"How are you feeling?" I ask. She nods.
"Not good. If this is the last of the ventilin then I don't know how I will survive." She panics. I grab a waterbottle from the table.
"Drink this" I say. She drinks it.
Carl comes running to me. He has a map in his hands.
"Y/n? Feel like an adventure?" He smirks. Then he tells me all about how we had to go on a supply run to get more ventilin.
"Hershel said dad would be fine with it as long as we stay together. The pharmacy isn't far at all" Carl smiles and runs away to get Rick's permission.

Before I know it, I find myself with Carl, running out of the prison gates.
He clutches his gun and so do I. He sprints and I follow. My heart was beating so hard...I felt like it would attract all the walkers in the universe. Being around Carl made me feel excited, but going through forests where any second a zombie could pounce made me feel sick and scared. This wasn't a good mix.

We arrived at the pharmacy shortly, it's boarded up but Carl seems to know what he's doing. He lifts up a board and creeps inside. I follow.
Once inside, Carl starts filling up his duffel with ventalin and other meds. I walk around and look for whatever I can gather.
I find some bandages and bandaids, I look around to see if I can find any vitamins.
I walked into the next aisle and take a few bottles of vitamins.
Me and Carl look over at the register. There was still quite a lot of candy left. I squealed, reaching over and grabbing a handful of candy. Then without hesitation I put a Hersheys into my mouth, chewing as I emptied everything into Carl's bag.

I sit down and eat my chocolate bar and stop when I feel Carl slide down next to me. He takes a bite of my chocolate bar.
"Forgot what chocolate tastes like." he laughs. I nod, opening up a packet of jelly beans.
"I never used to like sweet things. My mum always got me chocolate from work...most of the time it would just sit there until dad ate it" He laughs, and I smile at him. He was so happy. "This tastes like heaven. What was wrong with me back then?" He grins.
We swap stories from the old days.
"Me and Sissy didn't know how to use a gun at first, we ended up firing through my parents bedroom wall" I laugh. Carl takes a jellybean and eats it.
After we have eaten so much junk food we can hardly move, I walk over to the entrance of the pharmacy, without looking. Carl stands straight behind me. I slip out before getting pounced on by a walker. It pushes me to the ground.
"Ah!" I scream. The walker squirms on top of me. I shove my hand on its neck to stop its jaws from coming down on me. I hear a crack as it's neck cracks.
"Erg" I squel. Carl gets his knife and stabs the walker. I shove it off me. I have a thick layer of puss all over my hand now. I roll over and puke.
"Y/n??" Carl trembles. "We gotta go" he says, in a worried voice. I look at what he's looking at.
"That wasn't the only walker" Carl says. I look at the huge group of walkers. It must have been the group that Ron and Sissy encountered. The horde comes closer. They aren't far. I do all I ever really do:
I run, with Carl right behind me. A walker comes close to Carl and grabs the duffle filled with medicine. Carl tugs at it.
"It wont let go!" He says out of desperation.
I yell out to him.
"Let it go!" I yell. "We can come back!"
He lets go of the bag and we run.

Running is our best bet.