[20]

Hershel threads the needle and then begins sewing my cuts up. He sighs.
"You're lucky he didn't cut any deeper." He says. I look at him with angry eyes.
"I'll kill him. For everything he's done" I grit my teeth.
"Now. Is that the way we should be thinking?" Hershel frowns. I nod.
"After the things he did to a couple of fourteen year olds, who were no threat- yes, its exactly the way I should be thinking" I tell him. Then I hear footsteps behind me.
"Y/n. We have to keep a clear head." Rick says. I roll my eyes.
"Okay, while you're here keeping a clear head 'thinking' about it, I'll go rescue your son." I spit, my face going red. Yes, I am pissed off. Carl needs us, as soon as possible.
Hershel finishes stiching my face.
"Look, believe me, it's killing me waiting but we have to time this well, get in and out without any blooshed or trouble." Rick says.
"You go do that, but Johno is mine. I'll kill him." I growl. Rick's voice gets more desperate.
"Look, we don't have time for that" he reprimands.
"Once we get Carl I'll go get him" I sit up. Rick walks away and I stand up and thank Hershel. I walk out, making my way to the front of the prison. Everyone suitable to fight is strapping on guns. I look around until I spot Sissy, who is strapping guns to herself.
"Sissy, you're not going." I say sternly. Sissy looks at me angrily.
"Yes I am. I owe to it to Carl. He came and found me didn't he? I ought to do the same." Sissy frowns at me.
"I just can't lose you..." I say, and she wraps me in a hug.
"You won't. I promise" She whispers into my shoulders. I smile, walking to a crate filled with guns. I cover myself with them. I had to be prepared.
Rick calls me over.
"Here's the plan" he says. "Daryl and I ho in. We negotiate. Glenn goes somewhere high, he has a gun, if anything happens he'll cover us. You, Maggie, Michonne and Sissy get ready, once everyone is distracted by Daryl and I, you sneek into the farm house, take Carl and wait for me and Daryl. Got it?" He says. I nod.  Then it dawns on me.
This may be the day that I die.
And then I realise that if Carl gets rescued, I don't care if I die.

We all pack into two trucks, I sit at the back of a car with Sissy, Glenn and Rick.
The car starts and we exit the prison.
Let them crash and burn.
They lose, we win.

Rick looks back at me.
"We getting close?" He asks. I wait for two minutes to answer because I am keeping my eye out for the convenience store.
I see it around the corner.
"Yeah, maybe half an hour left? Maybe less" I say. Now I keep an eye out for the steer clear juliet sign.
Glenn looks back at me.
"So what exactly did this guy do to you two?" He asks. I frown.
"He brought a scalpel to my face a few times and right hooked Carl." I tell him. Glenn nods.
"Sick bastard." He balls his hands into fists. I nod, as Rick clears his throat.
"You aren't a killer Y/n. You don't need to kill him." Rick mutters. I growl.
"I lied beside Carl last night. The room was pitch black and all I could hear was Carl's jagged breath. My face hurt, my whole body hurt and the words Johno said repeated in my mind. 'I'll kill him' and it clicked, Rick. No, I'LL kill HIM," I look out the window. We pass the sign. Rick keeps going.
"I am a killer Rick. When this started I held my fathers baseball bat in my hand and I killed my neighbour. That's when I became a killer Rick. I have to do this." I feel like crying but I hold it in. Rick sighs once more. I hope he realises he can't win this debate. Johno dies today, it's final.

We pass Ron and Sissy's truck and I get a little nervous.
"We're almost there, just a little further." I say.

Soon the car stops.

"We walk from here" Rick says. Everyone gets out.
This is where it gets real.
I get out, clutching my shotgun close. I take the lead and start walking down the road.
"Rick. How exactly are we suppose to sneak in if they have gaurds twenty four seven?" Sissy asks. I answer for Rick though.
"When I left I saw about four people eating lunch. When I left men came over to open and close the gates. Someone will be up there to escort Rick and afterwards, they will probably go eat lunch or play pool or something..." I say.
"Uh huh" Sissy replies. I stop walking and point into the distance at the farm. A male stands on the wall.
I show Rick the farm and he nods. Everyone gets into a circle and Rick clarifies the plan.
"Okay, you guys wait until the gaurds are gone and then- sneak into the farm house and get Carl. Anything happens you fire a gun. Alert Daryl and I so we can help. If we have to kill them..." Rick trails off. "Then so be it."
I cross my arms.
"Not Johno, he's mine" I say. Rick looks at me impatiently and Sissy crosses her arms. She nods to me.
"Stay close okay?" Rick says, we nod and I watch him and Daryl walk towards the farm.
I watch the man at the gates make Rick and Dary take out all their weapons and lay them down. Then the gaurd opens up the gates.
I watch them disappear onto the place I had sprinted from earlier today.