[16]

When we got back to the prison nobody was working on gate duty. Carl and I had to let ourselves in: which was hard.
We walked into the prison and it seemed everyone was elsewhere. Carl and I trudged along, exhausted.
"Man. Where is everybody?" Carl sighs.
I shrug. "Beats me"
I look at the entrance then back at Carl. I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a long kiss. Then I pull away.
"I'll be right back okay?" I say. He nods.
I stomp into the prison and walk into Hockey's cell. I need to apoligise. As I walk, I hear nothing but murmurs. I look around. Everybody seems so down. I walk into Hockey's cell. Glenn sits on Hockey's bed with a brown sack. It's filled with Hockey's things.
Glenn sits there in silence.
"Glenn...?" I say, worried. "Is everything okay?"
When Glenn sees me he snaps out of it.
"Oh," he says "you're back". Glenn frowns.
"We have to talk." Glenn stands up. He leaves the sack and takes me to a little office. Rick is in there, sitting and staring at the wall.
"Y/n. You're back... we gotta tell you somethin" Rick slowly says.
I nod.
All I can tell is: this isn't good.
Rick looks at me, his back is slightly slumped and his face is covered in sweat.
"This morning, after you and Carl left for the ventilin," Rick sighs. "We heard gunshots from outside the prison." Rick closes his eyes.
"It was Glenn and Daryl who went out to see what was up. We found a lot a blood and...your friend, I don't know their name yet but-" Rick trailed off and Glenn took over. I could feel myself shaking. I didn't believe it.
"Not my friends...they w-wouldn't suicide..." I say it like I'm sure of it. Glenn clears his throat.
"We brought his body back, Your friend Sissy wanted a burial. We wanted to wait until you got back though." Glenn stands up, I do as well.
"Show me" I say and storm out of the prison.
They both follow me.
"Y/n! Just slow down!" Rick yells. I ignore him, until he takes my shoulder and stops me.
"You can't lose your head Y/n. You need to take a couple deep breaths okay?" Rick says. I nod without saying anything. He leads me behind the prison, there are graves there already. In one of the graves is a fresh body. I can't see who it is because of the white sheets wound over it to keep it hidden.
I look at Rick.
"Who the hell is it??" I scream at him, frusterated as hell.
Glenn chokes on his tears.
"Hockey" He whispers. I look at the body in the grave. I lift the white sheet up, I had to make sure-

I mean, this wouldn't be the first time I have been lied to about death...

I look at the brains, the fractured skull, his face, stubble on his chin, dried blood from his nose and his skin, a sickly pale blue. I stare at him, his face is a void of space and I've fallen through it.
A sixteen year old boy going seventeen, grown too fast, into a man.
I remember Hockey as the hero who took me and Sissy in.
The hero who had saved me countless amounts of times: like my knight and shining armour.

Carls voice wakes me up. He wraps his arms around me and lifts me up, he puts my arm over his shoulder for my support.
"Y/n. Lets go" he says. I smile weakly at him. My face goes almost as pale as Hockeys.
"I-I-I'm good. Just n-need some r-re-" I say, but all the feelings of hurt, anger and sadness wash over me like writing in the sand too close to sea. My eyelids become heavy. I fall to the floor..
I faint.

Hockey looks at me, we are sitting in my tent. I smile at him.
"Why are you so damn beautiful?" Hockey smiles.
Everything was silent. I look at the floor.
"Stop it" I giggle. Hockey holds me in his arms. He kisses my forehead.
"Could we just lie here together for all of eternity? Just you and me?" Hockey asks me. I smile.
Then I feel a cold cylinder press against my skull.
"Hockey?" I call. Everything goes black. I look at Hockey, he has a gun to my head.
His face is distorted, his brain matter is dripping out and his face is a sickly blue. He pulls the trigger and I hear a loud bang. I fall to the ground, this is not over though. Hockey looks at me.
"Together forever" he whispers. He puts the gun on his own skull this time.
He counts to three.
"One...I love you...Two....I love you...three...together forever" he keeps repeating that until his voice is shut down by the loud gun shot. Hockey's body falls limp beside me.
His eyes are still open, he looks at me. His voice goes into a high pitched squel.
"ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!" He yells.

I shoot up, hitting my head on the top of the bed. I am in my cell. Lying in Carl's arms. His chin is rested lightly on my head. He strokes my hair out of my face. I roll over and dig my head in his chest.
"Carl" I mumble.
He looks at me.
"Hey Y/n." He wraps me in a hug. I am safe and warm in his arms, I don't have to worry about the world outside this cell. To me: at this moment, its us, together forever.
I couldn't let anyone ruin that.
I wouldn't.