Chapter 2 - Take off

We took off at exactly 4:03pm that evening. It was a big plane. It must have sat over 250 people. The chairs were comfy but, looking at first class, ours weren't that comfortable. I had never been on a plane before. I had no idea how weird it felt just to take off. It kind of felt like going up a rollercoaster as fast as you normally go down. Looking out the window was the best part. It was breathtaking to see the leftover snow from winter on the ground and the raindrops falling like leaves on the windows of the plane. I saw that there was a small TV on the back of the chair in front of mine. My Mom showed me how to play shows or movies with headphones. I saw that they had The Fault In Our Stars which is one of my favourite movies. So, I watched it. My favourite part is when they first meet at support group. Isn't that so weird. I thought I could feel their spark ignite. It was where their love begun. When does mine begin?

We were about 5 out of 9 hours into the flight when the first disturbance happened. Everyone was dozing off. The sky was turning grey like the skin of an elephant. The airplane swerved and startled the crew and passengers. After about a minute, they informed us that it was only heavy turbulence and to remain calm. With that, everyone went back to their electronics. Kids playing with their DSI'S and adults using their phones. It was relatively quiet and peaceful. I fell in love with the sound of light talking and cell phones beeping. I had to close my eyes for one quick second...

"Ah!" screams all around the plane. We swerved again. This time it felt different. I held onto my mom as tightly as I could only to find out soon it wouldn't matter. I heard someone say "The pilot is having a heart attack!" and "We're going to die!" Everyone screamed as we swerved one final time. This time we plummeted. At first, everything went really fast. Suddenly, everyone seemed to be in slow motion. Everyone screaming, kids crying, parents trying to protect their children somehow. It's so weird how quickly everything turned to chaos. All at once, it was over. The plane did a nosedive. We were a ruin on the floor of the woods of France. All in one big crash and one big explosion of silence and misery.

I felt the crash and heard the last breaths of the people in first class. I heard the moaning and last words of the people in front of me. I could listen to the sound of the worst kind of silence. Deadly. Then, I felt it. The excruciating pain of my leg and upper thigh. I looked down at my leg which was squished in between my seat and the person in front of me's. I looked around at the black and orange flames and smoke that surrounded us and the people who were either dead or unconscious and started to cry. It looked like a crime scene had just taken place. Guts and blood everywhere that you could see. Suddenly, I heard a soft whisper beside me. Mom?

"Mom!" She was bloodied and grotesque like me. I waited a minute and she said "Ebony. Get the...th..". "The? Get the what mom?" I said through tears. She went unconscious after that. I made my final scream for pain and misery then I did the same. I wasn't sure how long I stayed unconscious for but, I do know that when I woke up it was sunny and almost peaceful again; But not quite. I woke up to hundreds of bloodied bodies and tons of bugs. I awoke to find a big gash in my leg and the sound of the dogs in cargo barking and whining, probably wanting food. That was the least of my problems right now.