Chapter 10 - Abella's Secret Talent

"It was in the winter. Roi hired me because he heard that I could make exquisite bread." "And could you?" I asked. "Yes," she chuckled "I would say that it was quite good. The house was so cold and all of the maids had to wear a specific uniform." She shuddered. "I loved your bread it was my favourite. But, knowing my dad, if I had said anything, he would have disagreed." chuckled Charles.

*Alec's POV*

"Um.." I stuttered. "Minnesota." "Wow, lovely." Fleurette said as she gracefully put her hair behind her ear. "Shall we join the others in the other room?" "Ya, of course." I said. She was beautiful. Just like an angel, she walked in front of me beaming the whole time.

*Ebony's POV*

Just then, Alec and Fleurette walked in. They looked at each other and smiled. They walked very close together and seemed to love each other already. I could see it; 'Flalec', ha that's a weird name for them. Abella and Charles started walking along with Fleurette and Alec so I did the same. We walked into a room with a bunch of sofas and chairs. "A sitting room?" Alec asked. "No." said Fleurette. "It's the stage." "There are many girls who live here who grow up with musical or public speaking talents. This is where they can preform and feel good about themselves." Answered Abella. "Did you preform Abella?" I asked. "She was an amazing violinist." said Fleurette. "Will you show us?" "I can't anymore Fleurette." said Abella turning away shyly. "Sure you can." said Fleurette as she handed her a violin.

"I can't remember much." said Abella. "But, I'll try." Abella picked up the voilin and stepped up to the stage. She took a breath and positioned herself. As she started to play a song she said was called 'A Lady's Hideaway'. It was so breathtakingly beautiful and crisp that I could almost see the potential lyrics and emotions. The playing came to a close and we all just stood there shocked. It was amazing. I had never heard her play before and she had remembered all of it. We all clapped and she curtsied, handed her violin to Fleurette and said "That's all I remember". That was when I realized that Abella was an extraordinary woman. I guess that Charles had finally figured that out as well, considering how he looked at her. He had noticed how amazing and beautiful she was under all of those rags and dirt and orders.

"Where are all of the kids?" asked Alec. "Shall we talk over lunch? I'm hungry." suggested Charles. We all agreed and went to the nearest cafe. Fleurette said that she had to work and stayed at the orphanage much to Alec's dismay. We said our goodbye's and headed to the Chevalier Cafe which according to Charles means The Knight Cafe. It was weird. I wanted to figure out why everything had something to do with chess.

The three of us sat down at a table outside because it was a nice sunny day. It was peaceful for once and through the tour of the orphanage, we had all seemed to become close friends. We ate finger sandwiches as we talked. "So, where were all of the kids?" I asked. Charles sighed as he said "Well, the kids went on a little day trip like you would in school." "Where?" asked Alec. "To the auction." said Abella. "Is that what I think it is?" I asked shocked. "Yes." said Abella. I expected her to say more but she didn't. What did I think it was? Exactly what you'd expect.