3

Wilmer

The next morning I woke up before Demi, which usually never happens. I turned over, and it hit me that we didn't cuddle last night. Usually I woke up with my arms around her waist or her laying on my chest but today a good foot of space separated us, and my back had been to her. She looked exhausted, with her face free of her normal makeup routine it was easy to see the bags under her eyes. I hesitantly lifted my hand and stroked her cheek, feeling the satin smooth texture underneath my fingertips. At some point, there was a shift in our relationship and I couldn't figure out what had started it. All of a sudden she was looking away nervously when I told her that I loved her, and staying out late and missing plans. We fought a lot more, although now we barely even spoke to each other. We used to spend hours staying up late just whispering to each other that we loved the other, feeling each other's faces with a feather light touch. I had memorized every inch of Demi's skin from those long evenings that I never wanted to end. Now though, I was lucky if I even fell asleep next to her. She was always coming home late and wanted nothing to do with me. Admittedly, I wasn't the best husband. I stopped trying as soon as she did. I stopped bringing her flowers and surprising her at the studio. I stopped calling just to hear her voice. I stopped everything that made us, us. I didn't know how to get back to the love we once had.

Demi's nose scrunched up as I cupped her cheek and I quickly pulled my hand back, pretending to be asleep. I heard her breathing change, and a small groan left her mouth. The bed shifted a bit as I assumed she was stretching, then I felt her breath on my face. To my surprise, her lips touched mine and her fingers ran over the stubble of my jaw as she kissed me lightly. I nearly opened my eyes once she pulled away, but felt her nails scratch lightly through my scalp and her fingers twirled through the hair at the nape of my neck. The bed shifted again and her hands disappeared. I peeked through my lashes and saw her stand up, and pull her robe on.

"Hey."

She froze her a second and turned around, "Hey, I didn't know you were awake."

I looked down, "So I'm not allowed to kiss you, but you're allowed to kiss me?"

Demi swallowed, "It was just a good morning. If you want, you can take the good night."

I took a deep breath, "Whatever. Are you going to be home for dinner?"

"I don't know yet." She gave me a small smile, "I might get something on my way home."

I inhaled slowly, "What do you want to do for Friday? I had something planned... Do you still want to do it?"

"Friday?" My heart broke a little as a confused expression came over her face, "What's special about Friday?" She looked thoughtful and my heart lept when she nodded and realization, "Right, I'm going to New York for the weekend. I get back Sunday if you still want to have a date night."

I swallowed hard, "No it's fine, no biggie."

"Okay." She began walking towards the bathroom, "See you later."

"Bye." I whispered, then tilted my head back against the pillows. Friday was our anniversary, and she just forgot. She forgot that we'd been married for three years in three days. I could feel a lump forming in my throat and quickly turned onto my stomach so that if Demi came back in for something she wouldn't see the mist in my eyes. I felt like I'd been punched. Would she ever stop hurting me?

~*~

Demi

I sat in the board meeting for Safehouse records just twiddling my thumbs as some sales rep droned on and on about statistics.

"Dems." Nick hissed, and I glanced up to see everyone staring at me.

"What?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"We were wondering what you thought about the tour pitch."

"Tour?!" My voice cracked, "When? Who?"

"Yes." Phil began, "This summer... You."

"Me? But my album isn't even finished yet."

He nodded, "But it will be soon, and then we can collaborate with Island on the promo, then get you in with republic for some performances, and then announce a tour."

"But..." I shook my head, "I don't know know I mean there's so much to do."

"Well obviously you talk it over with Wilmer." Nick said, "If not, my album is nearly ready and we can move in on that. But you've been working on yours for so long, I think it's better if you were the focus this year."

"I'll talk to Wilmer about it." I murmured, going back to picking my nails, "But I'm not making my promises."

~*~

A few days later, I brought the idea of touring up to Wilmer.

"Go ahead."

My mouth fell open at Wilmer's sullen answer to a question that would take me away for a very long time, "You don't even want to talk about it?"

He filled a cup of coffee and shrugged, "Isn't that what we just did? You asked my opinion and I gave it. Now it's time for you to make a decision."

I frowned, "But... I don't know aren't you even a little bit sad or concerned or something?"

"What would I have to be sad or concerned about?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Our marriage? Wilmer this means I'll be touring for at the very least, four months at a time."

"We've dealt with you touring before." He said, in a monotone, "We'll deal with it again."

"Okay..." I said, rolling my eyes, "I thought you would tell me no."

"Do you want me to tell you no?"

I sighed, "Kind of... I don't want to tour. I love it, but it's so draining. I just want to put out an album and not have to think about it anymore."

Wilmer shrugged, "Okay."

I sighed, getting annoyed with his apathy, "I'll see you later."

"Bye." He murmured, "Have fun in New York."

"What?" I said, then checked my phone, it was Friday morning. "Oh... right. I'll see you Sunday night then."

"Bye." He said again, and went to walk away.

"Wait." Slowly, he turned, "Don't I get a kiss?"

He sighed and walked over, leaning down to kiss me quickly, "See you Sunday."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel