9

Demi

I woke up, and instantly felt around the bed for Wilmer, but it was empty. I sat up, and groaned as my head throbbed.

"Demi? Are you awake?"

It was Marissa.

"I'm fine. Where's Wilmer."

She sat on the edge of the bed, "He's giving you some space."

I stared at her blankly for a second, before all of the memories of the morning came back. Instantly, tears filled my eyes, "Crap."

She sighed and moved next to me, pulling me into a tight hug, "He said he's sorry, and he means it Dems. You know he'd never hit you."

I closed my eyes, "I know. I don't know what even happened it's like everything that made him my Wilmer turned off and I was left with this cold, angry person who looked like my husband, but was the complete opposite. He was so angry and then he punched the wall and I just couldn't stop the flashbacks."

Marissa rubbed my back, "He'd never hurt you Demi."

I took a deep breath, "I know that... But I'm hurting him."

"What are you talking about?"

I swallowed hard, "Nothing. We've just grown apart."

I had nearly spilled my guts to her about the affair. I couldn't let anyone else found out before Wilmer. Even Holly was too much.

"Yeah but you can fix that. People change and grow. You guys just have to make the adjustments."

I took a deep breath, "Maybe we've grown too far... maybe we've both done things we can't just fix in an 'i'm sorry.' I don't think we'll ever get back to the love we had on our wedding day."

Marissa shook her head, "Demi, no married couple is the same as they were on their wedding day. That's the whole point. You have to be able to make a new love, every single day, and fight for it."

~*~

Wilmer

I did a lot of thinking, when I was away from Demi. It surprised me, how easy it was to think when she wasn't there. I was able to see things from a clear head. I could see that our marriage wasn't our marriage anymore. I could see that she was having an affair, and face that fact. I could feel the heartbreak, and misery that I'd been putting to the side. I could cry, and not have to worry about her walking in on me, and I could think about how it would feel to beat the shit out of the guy she was sleeping with. I went though a lot of emotion, but betrayal, and pain were by far the two biggest contenders. Anger was third, but slowly, the longer I stayed away from her, the bigger it got. I wanted to be angry. I wanted to scream at her that she had hurt me, that she had thrown away everything we'd worked for. I wanted to throw things and yell and cry in front of her but I knew I couldn't. I couldn't because the second I saw her everything faded. It was the hooks she kept in me, the hooks that pulled and ripped at my heartstrings. She was cheating on me. She had been touched, held, loved, by another man. Demi wasn't only mine anymore. We didn't have forever. We had three years, if that. I didn't know when the affair had started, and for all I knew she'd been fucking him on our wedding day. I did a lot of thinking, in the five days I stayed away. I finally came to a decision that was more painful that anything I could imagine.

I was going to leave her.

~*~

I walked into the house cautiously, holding my breath as I shut the door. I didn't know what I would find. I didn't know what state Demi would be in. I didn't know how she would react to the empty closet that she would come home to, and the letter I would leave on the counter. I didn't know how I would be able to write that letter, my hands were shaking so bad.

I checked all the rooms, she wasn't home. That was good, it would make things easier.

I got to work taking out suitcases and packing everything I needed up. I packed a few weeks worth of clothes. If I needed anything I could just buy it. For a long time, I sat on the bed, staring at the piece of paper in front of me, holding the pen so tight I was surprised it didn't snap in my grip. I didn't want to write these words. I didn't want to hurt her the way she hurt me, but a part of me did. A part of me wanted to take her heart that she'd given me and rip it to shreds, beyond repair, like she'd done to me. A part of me wanted to say all the things I'd been bottling up, spill them onto the paper and throw it at her. A part of me wanted to tell her it was all her fault, that she was the one who'd broken us. She was the one who sacrificed everything just to get a good fuck every weekend. But I knew I couldn't write those words.

So, I sat there. The hours passed unnoticed, and soon Demi's car rolled into the driveway. The door opening and shutting snapped me out of my trance and I realized I was crying. My heart hurt too bad to stop, so I let the tears flow down my cheeks.

Footsteps, coming up the stairs. They traveled up the stairs and down the hallway. I just stared at the wall, the paper crumpled into a ball at my feet along with the pen. The door opened, the one I had slammed out of frustration.

"Baby?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

;)

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel

I Know | Demi Lovato and Wilmer ValderramaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara