10

Wilmer

"Baby?"

Her careful steps, brought her to my side, where she sat on the bed, "Why are you crying? What's going on?"

My lower lip jutted out and then I pulled both of them in, looking up at the ceiling, "I know."

"What?"

I slowly turned to look at her. Once my eyes met hers, I could see the realization. I could see the shock and horror, and the fear and pain.

"I know, that you've been having an affair." I whispered, it was the first time I'd actually said it aloud. "112 Atkinson Avenue."

Her hand came up to cover her mouth, "Wilmer..."

I just shook my head, looking at the wall now, "Were you with him? All those times you worked late at the studio?"

Demi's eyes closed, and she nodded her head.

"And the night you stayed out all night? You stayed with him?"

Another nod.

"And your birthday? When you were supposed to be in Miami?"

She just kept nodding.

"And our anniversary? Was that a lie too? Did you have sex with him on our anniversary?"

She opened her eyes, she didn't have to nod.

I looked at my hands, "I want a divorce."

Her breath hitched, "Okay."

My mouth went dry from saying those words aloud, "I don't want it to be publicized. I don't want the media having all of the details. I want it quick and quiet."

"Okay."

I flexed my jaw, "How long?"

"Five months."

I could feel my entire body tense. Five months. She had been sleeping with another man for five months.

"Was it a relationship? Or just sex?"

"Just sex... simple, easy."

I nodded, trying to hold it together, simple and easy was everything we weren't. "Why?"

She hesitated, "I don't know."

It wasn't an answer, but I wasn't sure I wanted one.

"Does anyone else know about this?"

"Holly."

I exhaled slowly, Holly knew and she didn't tell me.

"She wanted to tell you." Demi said, as if she were reading my mind, "But she was under contract."

Contract.

"You made a contract? You made people sign a confidentiality agreement that they couldn't tell me if they found out?"

She nodded.

"Is there anything else you'd like to say to me? Because when I leave this house the only time you'll communicate with me is through our lawyers."

Demi reached for my hand, I let her hold it, one last moment of solitude.

"I love you."

I nodded, "Okay... I'll send you the papers."

"Please." She whispered, "I'm sorry Wilmer."

I looked at her, "I believe you."

"I love you."

A pang of anger bubbled up, "See that's the part I have an issue with. I have an issue believing that because you don't do this to someone you love. Every moment we've had, every touch, kiss, and word, in the last five months means nothing to me now. It means nothing because it was all a lie. You don't love me Demi. You don't put someone you love through this. You don't betray someone you love in the deepest form like this. You don't take someone that you love's heart and rip it apart. I want to do that to you. I want to make you feel what I'm feeling and I want to mess you up beyond repair, so you'll never trust anyone again. But I can't. You know why? Because I love you too damn much. That's how deep your sick lies and manipulation are in me, I still can't hurt you. I've known for two weeks, and I still held you when I hurt you, and told you I was sorry. I still felt guilty for hurting you because I love you. But you threw all of that away. You did that. This is on you. I don't want you to call me, or show up at my house. I don't want you to tell me you're sorry and that you love me, because I don't believe you."

Demi just stared at me, tears falling from her eyes as she shook her head, "I know you're hurt. You deserve someone better than me, someone who's not going to do all of those things."

I shook my head, "Don't bother. I don't want to be with anyone else in my lifetime. I don't want to love if it's not you, and you ruined that. You can keep whatever's left of my heart because I don't need it. I don't want it. Keep it."

She took a shuddering breath, "You know that's not true. You're angry and hurt right now but you're not going to be alone forever."

I shook my head, "Demi... I don't think you understand this. You cheated on me. My whole world is upside down because it revolved around you. Dammit, why did you do this? Why did you do it? If it was sex... I'm your husband! We're supposed to have sex!"

"It wasn't just the sex." She whispered, "It was just new, and exciting, it wasn't love at all. I don't know why I did it. We were fighting so much and I didn't know what to do then I met Marc and we did it once and then it just turned into an affair."

I shook my head, "New and exciting... right."

"I didn't mean that you're not. I'm not trying to justify it Wilmer, I'm just trying to explain to you what was going through my mind."

"I don't want to hear it. There's no possible explanation for you doing this. And nothing you say can make me less mad at you. There's nothing you can say to make this hurt less."

Demi slipped her arm under mine, her hand resting on my thigh as she leaned into me, "I love you, I'm sorry."

I let her touch me, still craving her so matter how mad and hurt I was, "I just don't understand how I didn't realize beforehand what was happening. You were so distant... you didn't look at me the same. I thought it was something I had done... but I never thought it was this. I never thought you were cheating on me."

She leaned her forehead against my cheek, exhaling slowly, "I don't want to get a divorce. We can be separated for years, whatever you want, but I don't want a divorce. Please Wilmer."

I could feel my chest stabbing with pain, "You don't get to ask me not to divorce you Demi. You don't have that right. We're getting divorced. Okay?"

She kissed my neck gently, "I love you."

I looked up at the ceiling, "That's not good enough anymore."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel