5

Demi

"What do you want me to say Wilmer?! I don't want to do it!" I shrieked, throwing my hands into the air.

"Can you just tell me why?! Demi we're finally getting back to where we were and I think this will be good for us baby!"

"I don't want to! I think it's unnecessary! Renewing our vows is something we need to spend a lot of time talking about!"

"What do you think we're going then?!" I could see him getting more and more angry as his frustration grew. "Do you still believe in our vows?!"

"Of course I do!" I shouted, angrily shoving his chest, "I believe in our vows Wilmer. I just don't want to renew them. I want us to be absolutely sure."

"And you're not sure? You're not sure you want to be married?"

"I do!"

"I don't believe you!" He roared, "I don't believe you because less than a week ago you told me not to make you smile, or laugh, or to make your happy. You told me not to kiss you and hold you." His lip curled up, "Demi, you told me not to love you. Do you love me?"

"Yes! I do! It's just... Everything is so confusing!"

"Well I'll make it simple. Make up your mind on whether or not you want this to work, or I'm done. I can't keep doing this. I can't keep this up! The constant fighting with you it's like you're trying to sabotage your own marriage!"

"What do you mean you're done?! You can't be fucking done!"

"Watch me!" He snarled, and grabbed his jacket, stalking out the door and slamming it behind him.

I ran up to it and wrenched it open, "ASSHOLE!"

"BITCH!"

I slammed the door and leaned against it, breathing heavily. He wanted to be done? Fine. I'll be done too.

~*~

"You were amazing."

I grimaced at Marc's words and rolled away from him, sitting up, "I've got to go."

"Why?" He sat up too and kissed my shoulder, "Stay a little longer. You've got some time. He's pissed, you're pissed. Hell, you can stay the night."

"I'm not staying the night." I said, pushing his creeping hand off of my stomach, "I've got to go. I'll call you."

"See you, beautiful."

I dressed quickly, then left Marc's house hurriedly. It wasn't a far drive home but I desperately tried to comb down my hair and put on some sort or makeup product to make it look like I didn't just have sex. When I pulled into the driveway, Wilmer's car wasn't there. I went inside and got ready for bed, since it was around one in the morning. Exhausted, I laid down and closed my eyes, forcing myself to go to sleep and try to put this all behind me. To my annoyance, I heard tires in the driveway, then a car door slamming shut. A few minutes later, Wilmer appeared in the bedroom.

"Hey... I'm sorry."

"Me too."

Wilmer walked over and fell onto the bed, letting his head rest in my lap, "I don't want to fight with you anymore about this. Let's just put it to rest tonight."

I smiled, "Okay." I gently began running my nails through his hair and I watched him closely as his eyes fluttered shut at the sensation, "I love you."

"I love you too." He said in a gruff tone, clearly exhausted and on the bring of sleep.

"Go to bed Will." I murmured, "I'll see you in the morning."

~*~

Wilmer

I didn't see Demi in the morning. When I woke up, she was gone and so was her car. I was a little annoyed, but I didn't expect her stick around especially after the fight we had last night. I couldn't understand why she didn't want to renew our vows. We had both made mistakes, and I knew that a lot of the reasons our love was different from when we first got married are because of those mistakes. I didn't act like the husband I always wanted to be, and I didn't love her the way I always made sure to love her. Demi was pulling further and further away from me and I can't help but think it's my fault. I want to love her, and be spontaneous and fun and get back to us, but it seemed impossible with the state our marriage was in right now.

~*~

"Dems?"

"Mmm?"

I walked over to her desk, "Do you want to go out tonight?"

She glanced up at me over the top of her glasses, "Out? Like out to dinner?"

I nodded, moving behind her to kiss her shoulder, "We haven't had a date night in awhile... Let's go out."

She shook her head, "We don't have a reservation."

I raised an eyebrow, "Because I'm sure we can't get a table in all of Los Angeles."

Demi sighed, "I don't want to get all dressed up. I'm tired Will."

"So don't get all dressed up, let's just get take out and keep it low-key."

Again, she shook her head, "Not tonight. I'm tired, and I have a lot of work to do."

I tried to force a smile, "Okay... Maybe tomorrow night."

It wasn't really me making a plan, but she shook her head anyway, "I'm not going to be able to do tomorrow night too... I have a studio session and I might be staying there through the night to record."

I raised my eyebrows, "How about I come? I've been wanting to hear your new stuff."

"No." She said it as if it were a reflex, "None of it is ready yet. I want it to be completely done when you hear it."

I rolled my eyes, "Dems I don't care if it's just a instrumental. I love watching you work."

"You're a distraction." Another automated excuse.

"Fine. Whatever."

I walked out, and it wasn't a surprise that she didn't try and stop me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel