#8 - Let's compromise

"Emery..?"

She looks at me, "Yeah?"

I twist my head, "Y-your eyes--"

"What about them?"

"They were.. Ye--"

"Elena! There you are, come on we have to pack."

"Pack?!" Yelps Emery in shock.

"What do you mean, Faith?"

"We're moving... Some where."

"W-what?!"
There's a voice we hear that yells.

Grayson runs into the room, "You're moving??"

"I--"

"Yes! She is, we're going back to Remainia, tonight." Says Faith.

"I thought it was tomorrow.."

"Mum has changed her mind, you have mixed with way too many humans, heck you're even beginning to act like them!"

"Can't I stay here? I'll buy my own place! I--"

"Elena we have a lot of problems back at home, we have to go."

"No! I've made friends--"

"More like boyfriends!"

"Faith stop! If mum is saying that we have to move, then let me talk to her myself."

I push myself past Faith and approach my mother who is waiting on the foot path.

"I'm not going." I say to her with confidence.

"I heard, and I'm willing to compromise,"

"Go on..."

"Option one: bring your friends with us to Remainia, but they'll be held in the dungeons for safety reasons, counting they're humans... But then there's option two..."

"Which is..?" I say in an impatient tone.

"I'll give you 6 months to stay here in Earth.. But you must unglue from everyone here in Earth, because once the 6 months pass exactly, you will automatically teleport to Remainia, on the stroke of midnight in exactly 6 months."

I take a deep breath and thought about this..

Emery and Kiera have a life here as well as I do.. And if they come back with me they'd be treated like prisoners.. But then there's Grayson..

"I'll choose the.. The 6 months."

She nods, "Very well, your sisters will be coming back to Remainia with me, as for you, your 6 months in Earth begins.. Now, good luck."

And with that she raises her hands and walks through the portal back to Earth, taking my sisters with her.

I nod to myself but turn around to see Samantha, my apparent sister.

"What do you want?" I face palm.

"6 months huh? 6 months with no one to run the borders.. Anything can happen in 6 months, Elena.. Anything."

"Such as..?"

"If you were listening to our conversation before, you'd know. But other than that, Remainia relies on you, whether you're in Earth or not."

She disappears.

"W-whatever, nothing bad can happen in 6 months.. No one can begin a war.. Because they can't pass their border!"

I shake my head, "Now I'm talking to myself, like humans."

"Humans?" Grayson approaches me.

"U-uh."

Crap.. I really need to learn mum's spell on how to remove people's memory.

"W-well, you see this is why I want to be an actress! Don't you think my acting is beyond words?" I laugh.

"Wow, well if I knew, my mother owns an acting job--"

"I was joking, honestly."

"Okay then.. So are we good? I mean.. Since you clearly don't like me back I'm guessing friends is ok? If that's okay with you--"

I grab the brim of his collar and look into his eyes, "Now who said we were friends?"

"Who said we weren't?" He looks back into my eyes.

I bite my lip, "Me."
I lean in and kiss him.

If this is my last 6 months in Earth, I wanna make it last.

He kisses me back, "I think I'm gonna like this."

I smile.

But in 6 months.. I think I'm gonna miss it the most..

A/N:
I hope that romance scene was okay! I usually suck at making them 😂