Chapter 3 : Frustration

Hi guys! Here's another one! Hope you'll enjoy! :)

            When Mira was done with Gajeel's visit, she greeted Mr. Makarov, crossed the road and made a quick stop home to grab her sport bag. Then she went out again, letting her mind wander while walking. She thought about Gajeel's expression while receiving a place of his own. Despite his gruff tone, it wasn't hard to tell he was grateful. However, for some reason, he refused to show how he felt to others. His detached attitude didn't fool Mirajane. Most of the time, she could sence those kind of things, know went people were lying or when they were starting to get attached to another person. She was indeed the matchmaker behind Lucy and Natsu's couple. The poor pair was a lost cause with external help. Also, she could dig out the truth in those who pretended not to care. That was, for the matter, not only Gajeel's but also Laxus's case.

            Sadly, after all those years, she couldn't go through the thick shell Mr. Makarov's grandson had put on. She was not fooled however. If none had witness any sign of fragility form the young man, Mira knew he was hiding something. No one could be that angry all the time without any valid reason. No one could be indifferent to everything surrounding him. Letting out a sigh, she entered the gym where, since many years and keeping it from everyone except Mr. Makarov, she trained.

            Once changed, her long white air tight in a ponytail, she started to hit the punching bag, again and again. She couldn't forget. She just couldn't. By her fault, Lisanna, her young sister, was dead. Because of her weakness, she couldn't do anything when they killed in cold blood her little sister in front of her own eyes, without even knowing what had really happened. Six years later, the young woman, seen as the hostel's little angel, hardened herself. She now had the strength to protect those she loved. Even so, it was too late. Regardless how hard she had trained, she could never change the past. And about her brother, she haven't see him since he left on his journey around the world with his girlfriend Evergreen and her friends.

            Mira gave more punches. She missed her chance to protect her loved ones, but she needed her lone time in that gym. She needed to know she wasn't anymore the weak and defenceless girl she once was.

            After a long hour of training, she droped herself on the mattress, leaning against the wall while catching her breath. She wiped her forehead with a towel then stood up, thinking she should head back to the hostel. To her surprise, she met Gajeel on her way back, a black cat in his arms.

-          Hi Gajeel! Didn't know you have a cat! She said joyfully.

Gajeel made an annoyed pout.

-          Yes, the little buddy just follows me wherever I go.

His tone left no room for discussion.

-          He's cute!

-          Cute's for girlies, he grumbled. Pantherlily is a reel cat.

-          I do not doubt it! Mira exclaimed before resuming to her path.

-          Bye.

-          Oh Gajeel! I almost forgot! Did you went to Levy's?

-          The blue haired shrimp? Why would I go see that little girl?

-          She's older than you think, she giggled. But yes, I am talking about the one living in the apartment you broke in, the one you slammed on a wall, scared and ripped her library apart while fighting Laxus...

Mira completed her enumeration with her usual smile, as if each element of it wasn't serious matter. Gajeel outfaced her, visibly annoyed. She turned her back on him and continued her way to the hostel. Mira shook her head in a sign of discouragement. He'll probably be as difficult as Laxus. When she finally arrived at the hostel, she saw the blond man she was thinking about barely a minute ago.