Chapter 7 : Problems

Hey guys! Miraxus chapter for today. But don't worry Gale fans, they'll have their own chapter soon enough ;)

Mira was out of breath. Even though she trained daily, the effort she was demanding from her body for a long moment already started to weight her down and tiredness was taking over her muscles. With a quick look on Laxus, she could tell he was in the same situation as her.

- You're holding on? He said as if he could read her mind.

- Could be worst. You?

- Same here. But it'd be about time we get rid of the two last ones.

Mira nodded in agreement even if he couldn't see her. Two men were lying on the ground, unconscious, but the two remaining seemed the toughest and showed less signs of fatigue than Laxus and herself. Redoubling their efforts, they managed to put out a third one who, destabilised from Mira's feint, took Laxus's punch right in the face.

- Only one of those scumbags left! Smiled Laxus, obviously relived to see the odds getting in their favor.

Now alone against his two opponents, the man turned around and rushed to the hangar.

- What a coward! Exclaimed Laxus, visibly destabilised, before continuing. You really think you can hide in there? He shouted, entering the shack behind the man.

- Laxus wait! Yelled Mira. It must be a...

The blond man understood to late from what the young woman was trying to warn him when he saw a gun pointed on him. "That's why he came here...to get the weapon" he thought, angry he didn't thought of it sooner.

- Oh! You and your little bitch aren't so confidant anymore! He said, seeming to savor each word.

- Stop it! Were only trying to defend ourselves! We don't even know what's happening here, intervened Mira with the strongest voice she could use.

- Maybe you're not, be he already has a good idea of what's going on. He said, agitating the gun in Laxus's direction. But I can also be kind if I want to. Run away now and there will only be one death.

Mira felt her blood boiling right through her veins. If he thought she would let Laxus to die, he was sorely mistaken.

- Do as he says Mira, settled Laxus in a firm voice. It was stupid enough to come in the first place. Do not take another idiot decision.

Did he really just used her nickname? Until now, he only used her full name. She shook her head. "You got more important things to focus on" she mentally reprimanded herself. An escape... She needed to come up with something that wouldn't end with Laxus's death. A shiver of disgust crossed her spine at that thought. No. No way she'd let that happen. Not again...

- You herd your friend? Scram!

- No!

- What? You dare... he started. Stay were you are or I swear you'll be the first one to die! He shouted quickly as she was taking the two last steps before she reached the man.

The gun was now not more than an inch from her heart. One wrong move and it was over. She took a couple of seconds to analyse one last time what she must do while faking despair. She had to look troubled, unable to act. She must be close enough. She must deviate to the right to avoid Laxus. Okay, everything seems right, she thought. Although it seemed an eternity had passed, her cogitation had only lasted a few seconds. With a warning, she put on a serious look and deviated the weapon while grabbing with strength the arm holding it.