Epilogue

Four months later

Laxus had his attention riveted on his cellphone, sipping his coffee. Looking behind him he found Mira, cooking happily their breakfast on that day off for both of them. Yes, both of them, Laxus having started to officially work at the hostel rather than wandering in it and do has he pleased. Beside, his relationship with his grandfather had improved. He even consented, with a little push on Mira's behalf, to accept Makarov's invitation for dinner the week before. Despite the detachment he wanted to show, he had to admit that his time passed with the octogenarian was enjoyable.

When he rose his cup to take another sip, he realised the later was empty. He rose it, while looking at Mira who filled it right away. He was about to put his attention back on the phone when she cleared her throat in order to get his attention.

- Don't you forget something? Asked the sublime young woman in front of him.

To answer her demand, he pulled on her apron to lower her down to his height, tackling her mouth on his.

- Oh! She exclaimed in surprise, before letting out a small giggle.

The young woman responded by pulling him to her so he was now standing.

- I was thinking about "thank you", she said referring to her demand.

- It's way better that way, don't you think? He whispered before catching her in another kiss.

- Maybe, she said pretending to think about it. I need a little more time figure it out.

And he let her some time, leaning her against the wall, placing additional kissed on her neck.

- I love you, she let out panting.

- What?

The young man stopped, considering the girl for a moment. Had he heard well? It was true they did a lot of couple stuff since the past few months, even living together until the end of the reparations. But they never talked about love before. Not that he could say he didn't love her, much the opposite... he simply hadn't expected her to say it.

As for the young woman, she froze realising what she just said out loud.

- Laxus, I...

As if someone had aimed for the worst time to intrude, the doorbell interrupted them. She replaced her messy hair and her apron before opening the door on Makarov.

- Hi! M. Makarov! She exclaimed, gaining back her self-control.

On Laxus's side, he had learned to know that particular smile was most of the time hiding something... like in that instant.

- Hi! My dear! And hello to you Laxus, he said seeing his grandson taking his place back at the table.

- What's bringing you this morning? Asked the young woman with a smile.

- I have good news! The construction of Laxus and Gajeel's apartment will be over this morning.

Despite all the self-control Mira had, her smile faded a bit. Laxus himself felt uncomfortable.

***

Levy closed the door of her apartment behind M. Makarov, heavy-hearted. She knew Gajeel was going to leave her apartment some day. After all, the only reason of Gajeel's presence in Fairy Hill, an all girls apartment block, was the temporary nature of the situation. However, she didn't expect the reparations to be completed so quickly.