Chapter 17 : Wonderful, albeit too short lull

Hi guys! Here's the next chapter witch, I think, will please as much Miraxus and Gale fans!

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

Lily xx

Laxus sat on the "bed" Mirajane had prepared for him out of the couch. Just like Levy did for Gajeel, Mira had offered Laxus to sleep at her place until his apartment his usable again. The young man knew for a thing he could easily stay at an hotel, but the idea of staying too far away from her, while his father could attack any moment again was just sickening to him. They could not keep on avoiding the attacks and getting out of it alive for long. At one time or another, Mira, him or even one of the two other would end up dead.

If it would only be about him, he could easily have left, becoming invisible. He didn't really have any strings... that last thought let him uneasy. If a couple of weeks earlier he could've sworn it was the case, now, he simply didn't have the desire to abandon the others. And that, not considering he was the source of all this shit. "What's happening with you Dreyar" he reprimanded himself. "You're for sure becoming the weakling your father tried to prevent you to be!". A sad smile draw itself on his lips while thinking it wasn't a bad thing after all to go against his father's will, and that even it he was contradicting what he always believed in until now.

- Laxus? Asked Mira while getting out of her shower, drying her hair with her towel, only wearing her sublime night gown.

Laxus couldn't get his eyes off of her. It wasn't surprising most of their male costumers were passing way more time then needed in the lobby. Laxus had, of course, himself noticed she could easily be chosen as a model. He was a man after all. But since the past few weeks, she seemed even more stunning than usual.

- Laxus? She repeated.

- What?

- Are you alright? You seem...distracted.

"Yeah... Well my problem is that, normally, I would have left with no trace, abandoning all of you to your fate without any remorse, but now, even if it's dangerous, I'm staying" he thought, much to his annoyance.

- It's noting, he however said.

She looked at him then sat beside Laxus.

- Someone wise, at least he was at that moment, once told me it was useless to hide our feelings.

He stared at her, wide eyes. Maybe one day, she'll stop surprising him like that, or maybe not. She seemed so full of resources, to have so much sides of her he hasn't discovered yet, that she only showed when she was her own self. Then again, it may be due to the fact that he was only giving her attention since a couple of weeks. He smiled briefly, then diverted the mater once again.

- Why are you always the one worrying for others when you're the one in the worst shape?

- I'm f... she started, but she stopped to his accusing stare. Okay, it burns a little, but the bullet wound was many times worst, she smiled.

- We have some progress here I guess, he simply said.

She hit his shoulder without strength in response to his teasing. Then she wrinkled her nose.

- You smell like smoke, she complained.

- All the shirts we were able to save from my apartment smell the same thing, he said before taking it of and throwing it on the floor.

- No way! You wont turn my apartment in a dump like yours! She exclaimed before throwing his shirt back to his face.

- It's going in the washing machine anyway! Folding it beforehand would be a waste of time!