Chapter 6 : Amazing

Hey guys! I had a lot of fun writing today's chapter (not that I usually don't ;) but I was anxious to write that one!) It's also the longest chapter up to now. Then again, almost half of the ideas I had where postponed to chapter 7... Guess I got a little carried away ;)

Enjoy! :)

Laxus dropped himself on the bench of the "borrowed" car before giving a big hit on the steering wheel that almost damaged it. "Who does she thinks she is?" And that old fool... He had some nerve to send someone to spy on him! After some long minutes, the pressure dropped, a little, while the information he had gathered on Ivan took their place back in his mind. His father imprisoned for murder? The idea was disturbing enough, but what destabilised him even more was the fact that, in more than a year, Ivan never tried to contact him. The young man shook his head. He must have a good reason. His father surely had stayed behind to keep his discretion. Whatever was his excuse, Laxus wanted to dig out the truth as soon as possible.

Without really knowing where to go, Laxus started the engine and let his thoughts wander, trying to analyse the information acquired. Even if the murder was the most shocking crime, the officer also mentioned drug traffic. Much to his displeasure, he wasn't surprised by that last accusation. He simply had to find out why. A decrepit dock. An old wooden shack. Fogg... Images flowed through his mind until something concrete took form. His father had taken him in that place when he was much younger. It was a secluded area of the port of Hargeon. The more he thought about it, the more certain he was about the validity of his memory.

Ivan probably didn't deal in the area anymore, but what other trail did had he? At the fist occasion, he did a U turn, having already passed Hargeon's direction. It was a couple hours from his current location but Laxus didn't give a damn. Anyway, going back to Fairy Tail was the last thing he wanted to do, especially knowing his father was free, out there somewhere.

Without his knowledge, with a safe distance from him, was a white haired young woman, determined to keep him in track.

***

When Levy woke up, the sun already had risen for a couple of hours. The young woman stretched with satisfaction. She slept well that night. In fact, she couldn't recall the last time she had such a nice rest. She must admit that the past few weeks, she neglected a little her sleep, and that, especially after being brutally woken up by Gajeel. Gajeel... The bluenette felt her cheeks blushing at the only thought of the young man. She dug her head back to her pillow. It was absolutely impossible that an idiot like him could make her react like that. "Anyhow, blushing didn't meant anything, right?" She started to convince herself. He was obnoxious, stubborn, self-centred... Then again, she couldn't pretend she had a bad time last night. On the contrary, she could even say that she had... enjoyed? "No, maybe not that much", she chased the idea away.

Well decided to keep the black haired man from her mind, she got out of bed for good, ready to go prepare herself some breakfast. "Hope there's still time to eat before job" she thought. All her hopes where lost when she saw what hour it was.

- Eleven thirty!!! She exclaimed herself incredulous.

Had she really forgot to put on her alarm last evening? She was never late! Not even once. Without even bothering about her messy hair, she put on a bandana, put on her uniform and ran to the door.

Out of breath, despite the short distance, she arrived to the hostel, running face to face with M. Makarov.

- Hi there Levy, he said as if nothing was wrong.

The young woman bit her lower lip.

- I'm so sorry M. Mak...

- When was the last time you were late? Interrupted the owner.