Chapter 11 : Demons

Mira woke up way before her alarm. Five AM. She desperately needed some sleep, to accumulate the amount of energy needed to survive the day ahead. Laxus would attempt to meet his father that day. Even though the man they encountered didn't specified a particular hour, it was indirectly agreed that the sun must be down. That give them the day to get there. That said, she first needed to convince Laxus to let her be by his side. They didn't really talked about it since he flatly refused her demand in his apartment two weeks ago.

Mira already took the decision to go though, and that, whatever his answer was. In one case, she'd follow him like the first time, looking out for him from the distance. In the other, the less likely, but also the scenario she was hoping the most to happen, she would be with him not only to be sure everything was going well but also to give him her support... If only he could accept other's help... The young woman sighed. He will have no choice but to accept her help. Not for something that important.

She turned in her bed for a moment, but, couldn't help herself anymore and got up. A quarter past five. Decidedly, the day will be the longest ever! In the hours that followed, way too long to her taste, she prepared a little bag, making sure not to borrow Laxus' pants again. Red colored the cheeks of the white haired girl. Even if the pants were exaggeratedly too big for her, she loved the smell of them. A mix of clean laundry and his personal odor. Since when did she appreciated those kind of details? Since when did she only noticed them? But the young woman knew the answer. It was since that morning, in the hotel. It wasn't because of the heavenly vision she had catching him while he was changing, even though that didn't harm. It was rather the ease in which he managed to understand her, how she acted, piercing the defences she had built around her. Not counting the fact that she herself had access to a glimpse of his personality which so many people didn't know.

For what seemed an eternity to her, she waited for time to pass then took her phone and dialed M. Makarov's number. With a voice she tried her best to weaken, she announced she wasn't feeling well and that she couldn't work that afternoon. It broke her heart to lie to her boss, but she knew it was the right decision.

Ignoring the persisting pain in her leg despite the huge progress she had made, she climbed the stairs to the third floor of Laxus' building and knocked. With a look on the young man, she knew that, just like her, he was awake for along moment already. Realising the identity of the person behind the door, Laxus' intrigued expressing changed to a discouraged one.

- Out of question, he cut her out before she could say a word.

- You don't even know what I was going to say! She protested.

- I'm well aware you were going to harass me again to accompany me and the answer to that is: out of question!

Mira made an annoyed pout, crossing her arms, as if she was waiting for him to change his mind.

- You're in the way, he said.

- Anyways, you're not leaving without me, right?

- I don't know what's the freaken problem with your ears or if the problem is between them but You. Are. Not. Coming.

He had put a silence between each word, making an obvious effort to not scream and alert everyone.

- Yes. I. Am. She said imitating his attitude.

- Just get out of the way!

He moved her on the side with the back of his hand.

- Laxus... she called him with a trembling voice while he made a couple of steps to the stairs.