Chapter Nine.

"Oh man, what smells like something's burning?" Jayy questioned walking into the house. I gave off a weak smile then looked to CC who was sitting in a corner, his back to us and his head in his lap.
I looked to the others. "It was steak.. but CC never grilled a steak before, he left for a second and then BAM! Fire and the steak was black." I said glancing to the sulking teen who hadn't said one word since he burned the first steak, he wouldn't even touch the others; he told me he quit the grilling business and that everyone could eat some sandwich or something.
Ashley rose a brow. "Okay, so the grilling business isn't for everyone; but I do know how to cook. Want me to take over CC?" He asked the other who gave off a soft nod.
Ashley smiled softly then walked into the house to grab the other steaks, I walked over to CC then took a seat next to him.
"It isn't your fault, I probably would have messed up too. I can't even cook brownies right." I confessed.
CC lifted his head then looked to me. "You can't cook brownies?" He asked.
I gave off a pitiful smile before nodding. "Not really, the very first time I ever tried to cook them; they turned into a pudding." I murmured.
CC grinned softly. "I guess cooking isn't for everyone?" He suggested.
I nodded in agreement. "Come on, we can at least help Ashley; you can make the salad and I'll cook the beans then the mac and cheese." I said.
CC smiled with a nod. "Alright."
And with that, the cooking continued.

It took nearly an hour of cooking and grilling, we were finally able to eat and the food was delicious; Ashley did an awesome job on the steak, and CC's salad was pretty great.
After the meal, everyone except for myself; headed to the hot tub. I wasn't allowed to get in the tub, and I really didn't want to anyway.
I ended up crawling into my bed with my journal and decided to doodle, I hadn't drawn in a while so I knew I would be rusty about it. I figured I would draw something simple, a star maybe?
Sighing, I began to draw different stars, all sizes. I knew I wasn't the best star drawer, quite frankly. I sucked at drawing stars, I could draw a house; or a complicated care bear, but not a star! It was a bit irritating to realize.
I frowned looking at the stars I had drawn, they looked pretty okay for once. Now bored of drawing, I closed my journal then headed downstairs to hang out with the others; even though Kayla and Jayy told me not to get in the tub with them. I could still stand out there and enjoy my friends presence.

The wind was kind of blowing when I stepped outside, I could hear laughter from behind the house; now if this was a horror movie. I would know right away, someone was going to get murdered. I looked around before heading towards the back, usually I didn't like to walk alone in the dark; but if I were to scream. I know someone would hear me, well... actually, I never scream; so if I yelled. They would hear me.
I crossed my arms seeing my friends in the hot tub, having the time of their lives; Mark and Kayla were having a make out session in a corner, Jack and Jayy were talking and Ashley and CC had their eyes closed. Running a hand through my hair, I didn't feel like being the seventh wheel. Turning around, I headed back into the house. I remembered there was a pool table down in the basement, and I knew that would occupy my mind until everyone was done with the tub for the night.
I flipped on the light for the basement then headed down the stairs, I rubbed my upper arm at how empty and quiet the room was. I wanted to be with everyone else, but I didn't feel like bothering them.
I looked at the pool table, and immediately; lost interest. Walking back up stairs, I exited the house then walked down the trail to where the cliff was. I sighed, taking a seat on the edge; I kicked my legs back and forth. The waves were crashing up against it, I frowned; laying back now. I looked up at the stars that were twinkling, I really hope the others weren't planning on getting in the hot tub each day; or else this would only bum me out and make me want to leave. I didn't agree to come, to only end up ditched.
"There you are." I sat up to the sound of CC's voice, I looked over to see him there with his arms crossed.
"What are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked.
I frowned looking at him. "I got bored, wanted to admire the view and stars." I told him.
CC frowned, he walked over to me then took a seat.
"You had me worried, you weren't in the house and wouldn't answer when I called out to you. I was relieved to find you here, and the same time worried. What would of happened if you slipped and fell into the water?" He asked.
Was this fixing to turn into a scolding?
I crossed my arms. "I knew what I was doing CC, I don't need a babysitter." I murmured.
I looked to him, and his expression made my stomach drop; he had a sad expression and I immediately regretted what I just said.
"CC, I-"
"No, I understand. Let me make something clear first, I am not a babysitter; I am your best friend who was worried and wanted to check on you." He told me, I could tell by the tone of his voice he was upset with me. I was jealous and felt left out, and I was taking it out on him.
"I'm sorry.. just today, with everyone jumping off cliffs together and getting in hot tubs; it made me feel left out. I took it out on you and I am sorry." I told him.

CC glanced over to me with his knees to his chest. "It's fine.. say, if you want. We can jump off the cliff now? No pressure." He told me.
I smiled softly. "No thanks, I have a thing about heights and jumping off of things.. plus, I can't swim that well. I know that if I jumped, I wouldn't be able to come back up once I hit the water." I murmured.
CC looked to me with a frown. "I see, its shame Ashley's uncle doesn't have a pool here." He said.
I nodded in agreement.
"To be perfectly honest, the water scares me; the deep kind anyway.. a few years ago, me and the family went to the beach; we witnessed a boy get pushed into the ocean and the current took him under.. All I could think about that day, was.. what if that was Jace? Or me? I've dreaded the deep water ever since.." I confessed.
CC was looking at me with a frown. "I don't remember you ever telling us about that.." He told me.
I brought my knees to my chest with a soft frown.
"That's because, I was terrified. Just seeing the shock on the boys face, the moment he was accidentally pushed into the ocean; I had to look away and cover my ears at the screaming. His body was never found." I murmured.
CC frowned, he brought his arm around me and brought my into a comforting embrace.
"I won't ask you to jump, hearing that story; was enough for me. We will find something for me and you to do, maybe go hang gliding?" He suggested.
I smiled softly with a nod. "That sounds like a plan." I told him.
My only true wish, was that tomorrow did not happen; because that was when. The accident occurred.

Hello! Thank you guys for all of the readings you have given me, it means a lot :3 I mean it. Chapter ten will be up shortly and I hope you guys are prepared for this chapter.
Until then
Thanks!
~Celty.

/Song played: The Naked and Famous "Punching In A Dream."\

{ I was falling, that's all I knew what was happening; I was pushed after Jayy bumped into me after being shoved by Ashley, and that was when my fear happened. All I could hear, was the sound of my name being screamed; and then everything went dark.}