Chapter Fourteen.

"You should be excited, its prom." Jacqui declared sitting next to me in Science, I rolled my eyes at her excitement. That was all she would talk about, prom this; prom that. I looked to Mark and Ashley who were snickering in my direction at Jacqui's protesting over how amazing prom would be. You dance in heels, then complain your feet hurt. Oh but wait. It gets worse, you have to wear some dress for people to gawk at and be fake over telling you how beautiful you look.
I placed my pencil in my mouth trying my best to zone the other out, ever since the Brandon thing ended; nothing has happened. Which was a good thing. The only irritating thing was, this idea about prom. We were juniors becoming seniors, and for some odd reason; I wasn't ready for this. To go to school one more year, and then.. done, off to some college or new life. I should be thrilled to be done with the idiots of this school, but then.. all I could think about, were my idiots. Kayla was going to college, Mark, Jack and Ashley were right behind her. CC and Jayy didn't know what they wanted, I frowned softly. I didn't want to lose my friends, we grew up together and in a year.. we would be going our separate ways. We would drift..
I bit down on my lip frowning deeply, all I could think about was this now. Prom completely left my mind, and now the future was all  I could think about.

I sat at the lunch table, and watched all of my friends laugh and joke; Ashley was drawing in ketchup again and Mark was flirting with Kayla. Jack was laughing at whatever Jayy said and CC was looking to me, I blinked then looked down at my plate. I didn't even know what university I wanted to go too.. I always thought the seven of us would stick together and aim for the same places.. but, we weren't kids anymore. We were teenagers maturing into adulthood where we had to make sacrifices if we wanted our futures to work out, I couldn't be selfish over this.. I had to support my friends, not drag them down with me and rethink about what they wanted in life.
I poked at my green beans before sticking a few in my mouth, then gagged at the taste. This was one thing I wouldn't miss, the lunch food.

The rest of the day carried out, and we were all leaving the school; I stopped walking as I watched the six of them all laughing at last periods actions, Mark set the volcano off and it went all over the classroom; he got in trouble but not in detention.
I felt tears prick at my eyes as I frowned deeply.
CC turned to me, his hands cupped behind his head as he frowned. "Haley?" He called out to me, all of our friends turned to us.
I stood there, shaking as tears fell onto the concrete; my bangs hid my eyes as I stood there.
"What's wrong?" Kayla asked walking over to me.
I frowned deeply, I lifted my head looking at all of them.
"I need you guys to all promise me something, right here." I stated.
Jack crossed his arms looking at me. "No, we won't promise to share the weed with you later Haley, damn." He joked and we all laughed.
I shook my head. "No.. I need to know, that after we graduate; no matter where we go. We will always stay in contact." I said.
CC rose a brow. "Where did that come from?" He asked me.
Tears slipped as I looked at him. "Just.. tell me, we will remain as friends; even after we graduate. I don't want to walk into my senior year, knowing it will be the last year. I see you guys." I said frowning.
Ashley walked up to me with a frown, his hands rested on the sides of my shoulders as he looked into my eyes.
"We have been friends since kindergarten, Haley. There is no way, I would ever let myself forget you, or anyone else. Our junior year, was crazy as well; and we all made it through." He told me.
I forced a smile when he brought me into a hug. "I know... I just don't ever want to lose you guys.. thirteen years of friendship, and I was stuck on a thought crazy like that.. I'm sorry." I told them.
I tensed feeling more bodies on me and Ashley, it was our hug pile thingy..

Later that night, we all attended CC's concert for his Music class; the show the class put on was amazing and I fell in love watching the show go on. The cheers the school gave, earned a large smile on CC's laugh; one I've never seen before. I stood up from my chair, and clapped as loud as I could; I grinned as the class bowed then walked off stage.

When Friday rolled around, I stood at my locker with Kayla; discussing what I would be wearing for prom, I joked about a tux and was earned a playful punch to the shoulder by the other.
I grinned opening my locker, then rose a brow seeing a slip of paper fly out of it. I frowned, kneeling down I looked at the closed piece of paper; titled my name on it.
"Who is it from?" Kayla questioned.
I shrugged before opening the paper.
"Dear Haley.
This year, I have realized how much of a friend you really are to me, and how much I care for you.. I may even like you.. not as a friend, but something much more. I know this is a weird note, but I do hope you feel the same. If you wish to discuss this further, meet me on the school roof before last period today.
Love, CC."

I held onto the paper, this didn't sound like him.. I looked to Kayla who took the paper then read over it, she awed the note then grinned at me.
"Are you going to meet him?" She asked.
I frowned with a shrug. "I don't know.. I mean, I love CC; but him having feelings for me? I'm worried it would ruin our friendship.." I murmured.
Kayla rolled her eyes. "You guys said that about me and Mark, and look at us now. We've been together since freshmen year, on June 3rd; it will be our fourth year anniversary. You should meet him, you never know what could happen." She suggested before walking away.
I sighed, holding onto the note. I ran down the hall, past the students then up the stairs to where the school roof lead.
I rose a brow already finding CC there, he held a confused expression.
"What is with the note?" We both asked in unison, we stared at each other before grinning.
I walked over to him, I handed him the note and he handed me his. We read over the notes, then looked to each other.
"I didn't write this." We said in unison again which lead to more laughter.
"Okay.. we need to stop, this is a serious matter." I declared.
CC grinned but nodded.
I looked at him. "Is that note still accurate? Do you really like me, more than a friend?" I asked him.
CC rubbed the side of his neck. He smiled softly, almost blushing.
"Yeah... and what about your note.. is it accurate?" He asked.
I felt my heart skip a beat, even though the note exaggerated about it saying how in love I was with him; the hand writing actually looked familiar..
I ran a hand through my hair with a soft smile. "It's accurate." I confirmed.
We looked at each other for a moment before smiling softly at one another.
CC grinned. "Well, this helps my next question a bit more easier now." He stated.
I rose a brow looking at him. "Which is?" I questioned.
CC smiled. "Will you be my date to prom?" He asked.
I smiled with a nod. "I'd love to be." I told him.
CC nodded before bringing me into a hug.
I smiled softly, I think going to prom might be a pretty exciting thing now. I would have a date, my friends would all be there. We would have a great time, it a was a night to look forward too; and now.. I can't wait.

I have came to the conclusion, chapter fifteen will be the last chapter to this story. I have never done a high school story before, so I get somewhat credit? I guess xD
I am thinking about the second story, but I doubt it will happen..
I have a more interesting one coming up soon, it just needs more plotting and planning.
Anyways, I hope you guys have enjoyed this story and thank you for reading it cx.
Until then.
Thanks!
~Celty.

/Song played: The Strange Familiar "Redemption"\