Chapter Ten.

Today was probably one of the relaxing days we've had since we got here, the last four days have been rather interesting yet thrilling. We only had three days left, and today; we were going to spend it outside. I sat in the grass with Kayla, watching the guys attempt to play basketball. Kayla had her focus on each of them, being the team captain at the school has really improved her athletic skills; she used to be this scrawny person and now. She has muscle, I smiled softly watching CC and Jayy tag team on Ashley and Jack; Mark was in the back. His arms in the air yelling at Ashley to throw the ball, I grinned when the ball went flying to only be snatched by Jayy who ran to the opposite goal and threw it in the net.
The guys played for thirty more minutes, and we all headed to the cliff to hang out and watch the clouds; trees surrounded the lake house and the only real view of the sky would be on the balcony.
It took us three minutes to get there and find a spot to plop down at, I took the tree and soon enough CC joined me.
I rolled my eyes with a soft smile, he reminded me of a lost puppy sometimes; not to mention. He had his moments where it felt like he was flirting with me, and our friends and classmates would look at us before giggling or something. It was confusing, I knew CC didn't have those kind of feelings for me; and I didn't have those feelings for him either. We were best friends, that is the only relationship we need. I wouldn't want our friendship to be wrecked if we were to fight or break up, we've been best friends for nearly ten years now; and letting a small thing like that ruin it all..
I didn't want that for us.
I glanced to him, his eyes were locked on the sky; it was very blue today. I smiled softly, it was the perfect weather to lay out and take a nap.

I felt my eyes close, that soon jolted open at the sound of Kayla screaming.
When I sat up, my eyes grew wide. There was a king snake at Mark's feet, we all jumped up; and being the stupid girls we were. Me and Kayla ran to the edge of the cliff, the guys were trying to stomp at the snake that only hissed at them; Mark kicked dirt at the snake that only slithered towards Jayy. He ran over to me and Kayla, and the moment he bumped into me after Ashley accidentally shoved the other to get away from the snake. I could feel myself falling, and I wasn't hitting the ground.
The only thing I noticed was, everyone was more wrapped up with trying to kill the snake; no one even bothered to make sure we were all there.
The feeling of my back hitting the water, burned more than anything. That was when everything went black.

"There, it's dead." Jack said, the snakes head was under his shoe and the others all looked to each other. CC looked around, this sudden feel of worry overtook him.
"Where's Haley?" He questioned.
Everyone looked around now.
"She was just here, she ran to the edge with Kayla.." Jayy murmured.
CC's eyes grew wide.
"Do you think she jumped for it?" Ashley questioned walking over to the edge.
"No, Haley told me herself. She wouldn't jump off of the cliff, she's terrified of heights and deep water." He said.
"Oh my god.." Jayy began, his eyes widened with worry.
CC turned to him. "What is it?" He asked.
"I pushed her..." He confessed.
All eyes were widened.
CC glared softly, he ripped his shirt off then looked into the water.
"What's the big deal, she can swim right?" Ashley questioned.
CC flashed the other a glare. "No! She's bad at swimming!" He snapped before running then jumped into the water.
Kayla stood there, wide eyes.
"Come on, we need to meet them at the shore!" Mark snapped, and with that. Everyone ran off.

It was dark, my breathing had came to a stop; my body wasn't wanting to wake up and I felt cold.
Part of me could feel my body being carried and placed on the ground.
"Come on, breathe Haley!" I could hear a voice yelling my name, I felt something placed on my lips and air was being blown down my throat.
I sat up fast, feeling myself ready to throw up; I was coughing hysterically.
When I looked up, I found CC soaking wet; everyone had these terrified expressions, Kayla looked like she had been crying.
I looked to CC who looked relieved. "Thank god.. I thought we lost you.." He murmured.
I frowned looking at him, all I could feel was this anxiety and fear. I was pushed off of the cliff, and almost died.
I was brought into a hug from CC, everyone stood there worried.
Kayla helped me to my feet then looked to everyone else.
We all headed back to the house, and I was put in a warm bath; I couldn't find my voice. Everyone was worried, I didn't scream when I was falling; I was in more of a shock to know it actually happened.
I sat in the water, my face felt stiff and my whole body was tense.
I could feel my bottom lip quiver, and that was when the break down happened.
I was screaming and crying in the bath, the door was slammed open and I had a towel thrown over me by Kayla, the tears wouldn't stop coming and I couldn't find my voice; why couldn't I find my voice? I was pulled out of the bath, and the crying immediately stopped.
I looked to Kayla with a frown. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out; I swallowed then exited the bathroom to go change in my room.

I leaned on the balcony from my room, the sun had went down fast and it was dark; I wasn't sure if I lost my voice or if I just couldn't make myself talk to my friends, I was pushed and they were more worried about some snake. If CC hadn't jumped when he did.. I could be at the bottom of the lake dead.
"How are you feeling?" I heard CC ask, he walked over to me then stood at my side. He gazed up at the stars.
"Jayy and Ashley feel terrible about what happened today, we all got worked up over a snake and didn't even think twice about if someone fell off the cliff or not.." He told me.
I glanced to him, a frown found its way onto my face as I frowned softly.
"It's.. it's fine.. the snake could of bit someone." I whispered.
CC frowned softly. "You could of died today." He told me.
"I didn't.. because you saved me." I looked at him, my arms crossed now.
"I tried to accept the idea that I was going to die, but then you jumped in and saved me.. I couldn't find the words to say to anyone, because I felt neglected to be noticed.. did you kill the snake?" I asked looking at the lake.
"Jack did.. you must be exhausted, do you want to get some sleep?" He asked me.
I looked to him, with a soft yawn. I nodded.
I walked over to the bed then crawled into it.
I watched as CC headed to the doors, I felt my feet move on their own; and I ran over to him. My chest on his back as my arms wrapped around his chest.
"Please.. sleep in here with me tonight.." I said, I could feel these tears swelling up in my eyes.
CC turned to me, with slight shock that died down with a gentle smile.
He nodded, I looked at him as we walked over to the bed.
I crawled back into the bed, then watched as he did the same.
I placed my head on his chest, and closed my eyes. His arm and hand on my shoulder in a comforting hold.
It was okay for best friends to do things like this, it was okay for their hearts to beat as one; to fall asleep together and forget the world for the night.
It was okay for them to be close like this.
Right?

Oh man, oh man. A somewhat intense chapter? Maybe, probably not xD but the more you look into it. The more Haley and CC will release unrealized feelings for one another, but if Haley keeps up the neglectful act towards CC's real feelings. She'll come to realize, that was mistake number one.
Chapter's 11 and 12 will be up sometime tomorrow.
I don't think I'm going to do the previews, it throws me off..
Until then!
Thanks.
~ Celty.

/Song played: Get Scared "Keep Myself Alive."\