chapter 6

"Woooow." Kirstie breathed as Avi pulled a rose out of his wizard hat.
I laughed. Me and my friends were lounging
in our living room, watching Avi's magic trick.

I was on Travis's lap, Kevin was Avi's assistant,
Kirstie was on the couch, in Jeremy's arms, and Scott was leaning on to Kirstie.

"And noooow I will make this ball disappear!"

We-or should I say most of us- were staring blankly at Avi. But Kirstie was really excited.

She was blindly spilling out "Whoa look at that!"s and "Did you see that?"s as she watched.

I saw that Jeremy was looking at her with a jealous stare, and laughed even more.
Their love is so damn complicated.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked.
Travis smiled down at me. "Are you having fun?" he whispered. I shook my head and whispered -'NO'

Travis whispered back; 'You want some air?'

'Yeah that'd be great.'

Travis nodded and started to stand up and I fallowed him..untill I heard something that made me stop on my tracks.

"And now I'll bring out the magic cuffs!!"
Said Avi, dramatically.

I immediately sat back down and Travis frowned. "What is it?" he asked.

"I always wanted to see the cuff tricks.
Can we go out after this?"

Travis smiled. "You're adorable. Of course."

Avi nodded at Kevin, and Kevin took out a pair of silver cuffs. "We need two volunteers."

My hand shot up and one hand behind me did the same so I thought it was Travis's.
But when I turned around to see, I saw no other than Scott hoying, my own brother, holding his hand up and smiling.

"Yes Mr. Grassi and Mr. Hoying.Please come forward."Kevin addressed us and we stood up.

"Now, Mr. Grassi put out your left hand, and Mr. Hoying put out your right." We did.

"Now both of you, close your eyes." Avi ordered and I did. And soon enough, I felt a
circular embrace around my wrist.

I opened my eyes and stared at the silver around my wrist. I looked over at Scott, and I saw he was looking at his part of the cuffs too.

Avi smiled. "Now. These cuffs are made out of very,very strong metal.They can never be broken. But I will break them in half, with only my magic powers!!" he hollered.

I was actually very excited. I never really understood this magic, and now I got to see it upclose. Dead cool.

Avi concentrated. "Abarakadabra!!!!" he yelled and grabbed both of our wrists and shook them hard.
Nothing happened.

Avi frowned.
He did it again.
Still, nothing happened.
I saw Travis standing up, slowly.

"Uh..what's going on?" he asked.

"Well...something's gone very wrong...."
Avi smiled nervously.

"What did you do, Avi?"

"It's nothing, really..just.."

"Just, what?"

"I think I may have lost the key."