chapter 20

Scott's POV

"Oh my god what if he's hurt!" I muttered to myself. Me and Kirstie were searching like mad, and Travis had followed us too.
He was cursing under his breath as he tramped after us.

"You know, you really don't have to come." I said. "Everyone knows you don't really love Mitch."

"Mitch doesn't." He said, raising both his eyebrows and cursing as he stepped on something mushy. "Shit!! Why did he run off, anyway?"

"Uhm..I don't know. Maybe I told him about who you really were and now he's depressed."

He stared at me like,WHAT.

"Just kidding."
He groaned.
"Fuck you, Hoying." He said.

I smiled sweetly as I stuck up my middle finger at him. Then I continued with the search again.

"Ugh..I hate him sooo much. Where could he be?" Kirstie sounded annoyed, but we both knew she wanted to hide her tears by doing so.
I put my arm around her and she sighed.

"It's just...He saved our lifes..and..I can't do the same for him.." her shaky voice made me want to tell her about everything. Everything.

"K. I want to tell you something."

Mitch's POV
I tried not to panic. It didn't work.
I gasped and ignored my tears. Even though I knew going back would be awful, I also knew they would find me one day.

Just then, in the opposite part of the woods where I last heard the guys, I heard shuffling.

I backed away, sharpish. I was so scared.
A dark figure came out, and I screamed.

"Whoa. Who are you?"

I opened my eyes. A tall brunette with pure blue eyes walked out. He seemed scared too.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Troye. Troye Sivan."

I nodded. I liked his accent. "I'm Mitch Grassi."

He stared at me. "You're Mitch Grassi?"

I nodded. "Do you know me?"

He didn't answer, but he stared at me closely. "You know Scott Hoying, right?"

I nodded. "My brother."

He breathed. "Um. I think you should come with me for a second."

I stared at him. "Why?" I asked, even though we was already heading to where he came from.

"I need to talk to you."

"What if you're a criminal?"

Troye turned and rolled his eyes. "I know you have a phone, Mr. Grassi. And I know you have a big strong man to run straight to you if you got hurt." He stepped on a twig and cursed.

I smiled. "Yeah. His name is Travis."

He turned around again.
"I was talking about Scott." he said.
Then he walked to his house without saying a word.
***
I stepped in Troye's house. It was a small wooden one, but it felt as comfortable as a five star hotel.

"I love your house." I said. He smiled.

"Thanks. Make yourself at home. Tea?"