chapter 27

"Mitch?" Mom knocked on my door. "Mitch?"

Shit

I stared at Scott and he pointed at the window. KIRSTIE. He mouthed. Kirstie gulped.

"Mitch? If you in there, let me in!!"

Scott held Kirstie's shoulder and moved her swiftly to the window. I stood around, scared.

"Mitchell Coby Grassi!!!" Mom hollered.

"Quickly!" I whisper-shouted. Scott took Kirstie under his arm and climbed down the pipes (which was extremely dangerous but this was a emergency) out the window.

Mom was about to kick the door in when I opened the door. She fell on me, and I 'accidentally' didn't grab her.

"Mitch Grassi, what were you doing in here?" she demanded, pushing past me.

"Sleeping?"

Mom stared at my un-mattressed bed. Then her eyes came back to me.

"Mitchell?"

Her tone was firm and slow, the only kind she used when father was home.

"I want to know the truth." she said.

"I do too." I mumbled.

"What?"

"I was just listening to music, mom."

She glared at me like she didn't believe me, but surprisingly, she left without questioning it.

I flopped back in my bed and picked my phone up. I had to help Kirstie.
I had no idea why my dad had turned psychotic, and I needed to find out.
Also, I needed to protect Scott.

I heard a tap on my door and Scott came in.

"Hey." He said softly. "Can I come in?"

I nodded. "Of course."

He sat on my bed and I sat next to him.

"What's going to happen to Kirstie?" I asked.

"I'm going to ask my good friend, Candice.
She knows these stuff. Meds and..you know. So you don't have to worry." Scott patted my back swiftly. I leaned on him.

"You don't have to be so worried about me worrying. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."
I said, punching him lightly. He made a face.

"That's why I'm here for." He said, and he kissed me lightly. I kissed back.

Ah..........
It pains me to watch.

My angel appeared. Nice seeing you again, I thought. What are you doing here?

You're gonna need me.

Great. When?

in about...3 seconds?

I turned around, and saw.....

"Thank you Kirstie. You've been very helpful."

"Dad..!"