WOLF edited partially

when your close i feel a spark, takes me higher to infinity.

                                                          -ellie goulding (powerful)

"Hey mom!" I chirped loudly to my mother who was standing over the stove top preparing eggs and waffles. As soon as I descended down the stairs the smell of cinnamon and smoked wood bacon invaded my senses. 

"Good morning love. How did you sleep last night?" My beautiful brown haired mother said, smiling down at me with her light hazelnut, I inherited. 

"I slept peacefully thank you. Where's dad?'' I asked while sitting on one of the stools in front of the marble island.

My mothers breath hitched a little as if she felt a pang of hurt in her heart. " Your father...h-he" My mother stuttered out cautiously, "He went to war." My mother said still stumbling over her words.  

It was  extremely unnatural for us to go fighting. Apart from us being the most peaceful pack in the country, when we did go into fighting it was usually held secretly and somewhat away from the territory so we don't shake up the rest of the pack members. Or it was because another pack was trying to invade and take over the pack.  By the tone of mom's voice this one wasn't any of the above.

Being the fact that we are allies with almost every neighboring pack, seemed ironic for us to owe any debts or cause any issues with anyone. We usually trade and barter with other packs to keep the peace. Except for one pack, the Dead Walker Pack. 

Thinking the name, let alone saying the name of the most evilest and cruel pack in the world sent constant shivers down my spine.  

Contemplating of the leader of all the thousands of killings of innocent people because of petty reasons without any remorse, Alpha Raphael. His smooth, but rough name was enough to send my mind and my wolf in an unknown hot frenzy.

"Hey mom?" I curiously asked, furrowing my eyebrows and looking up at my mom from my daydream only to see that my mother disappeared. My breath hitched and my heart raced. Where could my mom possibly have disappeared off to? 

I was scared that day. I was petrified at the next sight I recalled. Only to think a week ago, my mother and father we found dead outside my doorstep side by side. I cried again, remembering their lifeless bodies lying on the concrete steps. 

After I stepped over my dead parents bodies after countless hours of wailing and crying for them to come back, I stopped. Realizing that my parents weren't coming back hurt my soul, the things I would have to experience on my own now. My mother nor father could meet my mate.They wouldn't see their grand pups. 

My mother couldn't be there through my childbirth. My heart nearly dropped in the pits of my stomach as I saw lifeless bodies of my pack lying on the cold December ground with blood dripping out of every piece of their bodies were torn to shreds. My pack. The people I spent years of my life with. The people that knew everything about me, the people that helped and supported me when I first shifted.  They also were the people that made me feel the emptiest. 

The sobs came harder and faster as I passed the dead corpses. All of  the life on their once care free faces have been slaughtered and replaced by blood dripping a crimson color on the ground. 

One week later

As I walked on the forest ground, hearing the crunching of leaves under my now dirty white converses  were a repetitive sound that suddenly became therapeutic in my destructive head now filled with horrific sites replacing my old giddy ones.

The only word that kept haunting me, and clouding my judgment with every breath I took into the fairly brisk air was 

Gone.

I wiped away a stray tear that seemed to fall on the right side of my eye and under my chin perfectly . I had to stop crying. I had to be strong for the sake of whoever would find a rouge on their territory and probably torture me until I die a slow and agonizing death.

 How could I when I lost everything I love in the matter of seconds? Instead of crying and fighting to stay alive when I get caught I should just succumb to the death early on instead of living for someone or something. 

The fact that I was now crossing over another pack territory was not making my brain stop counting down the days until my death awaited me. 

 Finally sitting down under an oak tree, I began to doze off for the first time in three days.  Eager to give my wolf and I a break after long walks into unknown lands and thinking about all the events that occurred lately. 

The moment I closed my eyes I began to think of what of what I would be doing right now if the attack didn't happen. I would most likely be somewhere drawing the elders out with making

Snap 

My heartbeat started to race. My breathing picked up at an alarming rate at this sudden movement. It could be an animal passing by, or even a small rodent trying to get back to its family.

 Still trying to convince myself that no one was there I rested,  my head back on the bark of the tree. I tried to close my eyes again and took in a deep breath focusing on one goal:  sleep. 

Snap 

The footsteps began coming closer than last time. I know I didn't step on our neighboring packs lands, I would have seen a symbol with a peace sign over the the moon, but I hadn't. 

Unless.....

I gulped loudly as a large wolf...

To be continued 

i love cliffhangers !!!!

Hey guyyyssssss!!! So did you like the story? Hopefully you did. I mean this is one of my first books I think will be satisfactory in your eyes. i tried not to cringe writing and editing this mess