New Scene

I was driving around when the call came in. "Mr. Magesty, we have another scene." The voice came through my radio.

I groaned and picked it up. "Where?" I asked annoyed. These scenes have been getting more and more common now and started around when this new family came to town with their creepy teenage girl.

A shiver went up my spine as I thought about her. She is bad news and I know it but I rather not get fired from my job.

"South side of town by the candy store." The chief said.

I sighed. "Copy that. I'll be on my way." The candy store. Great. My favorite place in whole world. Well let's get this over with. I wish I knew what was doing this. Well actually i do, I'm secretly a government agent but I got sent here for "vacation" so I picked up the job of a police officer.

I pulled up to the scene and got a look at it. Gory. That's all I have to say. Well it says, 'Good Luck. Haha the Devils in town' which the 'devils in town' part I've seen but not the good luck. We really need to find out who's doing this.

I walked up to it and examined the body which was completely torn up. There were no limbs or head on this body though, the head is smashed onto a fence post that's stuck into the wall, the arms are hanging next to the words, and the legs are right under the words.

I sighed and stood up. Probably a kidnapper but he didn't deserve to have this fate.

"What's it looking like Magesty?" The chief asked, walking up to me.

"Well, I'm familiar with it but I can't reveal why." I said, looking at him. He was the only one who knew I was a government agent but nothing else really.

He nodded. "So it's that. You really need to find out who's doing this." He said, looking around as he ran a hand through his grayish brown hair.

"I think I might know who it is but I'll have to wait another night for it. I'll go out on a search tonight for it." I said. "But I'll need some bait."

"Will a cow work?" The chief said. "I don't want any casualties to anyone else and that means you too."

I nodded. "Yeah it should." I looked over at the writing on the wall. I hope I can do this... I thought to myself.

The chief placed a hand on my shoulder. "I believe in you Magesty, I know you can do this. Just think of all of those whom have lost their lives to this beast."

I looked at him. "I know I can chief but I can't help to think about what will happen if I fail."

"You won't fail Magesty." He said then turned away to the rest of the officers. "Alright men, get this cleaned up." He shouted the order and everyone nodded then started cleaning it all up.

I took one last look at the bloody scene. I will catch this person if it's the last thing I do. I promised myself silently then turned away to get setup on the steak out for tonight.

************

I looked at the lunch room tv, there was news about another beast attack in town. I sighed and continued eating, ignoring all of the chatter about it.

I did it again. I need to get some control over that thing.

Oh sorry, I should probably tell you some more about myself. I'm Juna Caloon, 16 years old and going strong in school. I moved to this small town a week before school started so it's been about two months that I've been here. We moved from another small town that had a mysterious beast that kept killing locals at night. I've tried controlling the beast but I never seem to be able to when I see a human though I get close.

Well, after school I head home and did my homework all afternoon until supper then went to reading before going to sleep.

**************

I watched the area around the cow as I waited. It was pretty close to being twelve so it was pitch black. I was starting to think that the beast had gone and was thinking about hitting the hay until I heard the cow moo in fright and tried to run away but the rope kept it still. I could tell that it knew something was coming and that something was dangerous and blood thirsty.

I got ready for it, holding my dart gun steady as I stayed silent. Suddenly it came.

It had horns coming from the side of it's head and at the back. Its ears were spiked and had a tip. Its eyes were blood red and glowing. It had fangs and claws as sharp as diamonds. It had a tail that lashed behind it and had three tips on the end, making it look like a Trident almost. It certainly did look like the devil and it proved that as a snake tongue flicked out of it's mouth.

A chill went up my spine but I kept from moving. To do this I would have to be as still as I could possibly be. So, I got ready to shoot it when I recognized something about this beast. It was the weird new girl, Juna Caloon, that was there but she didn't seem as if it was really her, more of something else inside of her. I don't know how to explain it but it's what I noticed.

I gritted my teeth and got ready for the shot anyways. One way or another this beast is being taken down.

She got close to the cow and I aimed. I took one second to pray before shooting it with a tranquilizer.

She stumbled back and looked around hazily, taking it out of her arm before running off quickly. The dart was left and I looked at it. Gosh dang it, I was close. At least I know who it is now. I thought to myself.