Capture

The beast barely managed to run away. It had been unexpectedly shot with a dart and it was starting to work. It managed to get into my backyard but it couldn't go any further than behind the bushes. It collapsed and went unconscious, returning my body back to the way it was. Luckily it was the weekend.

I woke up and my arm hurt. It was strange last night. Someone had shot the beast with a tranquilizer but it managed to get away before it worked completely, granted it nearly twisted my ankle doing it. Anyways, it was morning and I knew because the sun was already up.

I got up and went inside, searching for cereal and a bowl. I found both and made the bowl of cereal then sat down and ate it. My dad came downstairs and looked at me.

"What are you doing up so early on a weekend?" He asked.

"I, uh, couldn't sleep." I said, looking down.

"Did you have one of those dreams again?" He asked and I nodded. He walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug. "Ignore those dreams, they don't matter."

"I know but it feels so real dad." I said looking at him. He was the only who knew I had those "dreams" and I'm glad that he knows about them too.

"They aren't real Juna. Now, get dressed and get your brothers awake. We are going fishing today at the lake." My dad said with a smile.

I smiled and jumped up, racing upstairs. I had two brothers that could be mistaken as twins though they aren't. Ones older than me and the other one is younger, yet they both still find the need to irritate the hell out of me.

I raced into their rooms and pulled the covers off before racing out and into my own room, shutting and locking my door. I quickly went to my closet and grabbed a change of clothes. There was a bang on my door as my brothers ran into it. "Juna!! You are so asking for a fight for waking us up!" Fille shouted as he banged on my door, he was my older brother.

I laughed. "Go get dressed you two! Dad's taking us fishing in case you forgot!" I shouted back at them. Fille grumbled then they both raced to their rooms.

I got changed into jeans and a T-shirt before racing out of my room with my tennis shoes in hand and pounded down the stairs then to the living room as I got my shoes on.

I heard my brothers pounding down the stairs then I quickly moved out of the way as Lio tried tackling me then moved again as Fille tried it too.

I laugh and ran outside to the truck, hurrying up and getting into the passenger seat then locked the door.

Fille banged on the window then they both got in the back. "You are so getting the fight you want Juna when we get to the lake." Fille said.

I smiled and smirked. "Ya right Fille, you have to catch me first."

***********

I drove to the Caloon house and noticed their truck missing before going up to the porch.

I knocked on the door and waited. Mrs. Caloon opened the door and looked at me. "Oh, hello officer Magesty. What can I do for you this fine afternoon?" She asked.

"Is Juna here?" I asked, looking around.

"No, she went with her father and brothers to go fishing up by the lake. Oh and please come in." She said, moving out of the doorway. "And why do you need her? Is she in trouble? Did she do something?"

I shook my head and went inside as she led me to the living room and I sat down on the couch. "No she isn't, I was just wanting to speak to her. But do you know anything about the killings lately?" I asked, looking at her.

Mrs. Caloon nodded. "Yes I have. I've watched them on the news though I must say I'm use to them. We move a lot and it seems as if we bring a curse to every town we go to. It's sad every time though when I hear of the killings. But what do they have to do with Juna? You don't think she did them do you?"

I looked at her. "Of course not ma'am, it's just that some people in this town don't always seem to be updated with the news. And if you could, may you please tell me exactly where they are or when they will be back?"

She nodded. "They are where they usually go and should be back in by dusk."

I nodded and stood up. "Thank you for your cooperation but I must go now."

"Oh, OK. If there is anything that I can help out with please call me." She said, getting up and following me to the door.

I nodded and left as she closed the door behind me. I got into my car and headed down to the lake.

I walked up to the four and had my hands on my hips.

Mr. Caloon noticed me and stood up. "Good afternoon officer, is something wrong?" He asked and the three kids turned to look at me. I seen something flash in Juna's eyes that I couldn't place at what I said next.

"I need to bring Juna into the station. She's done nothing wrong, we just need to ask her a few questions about something." I looked at him.

"Oh. Of course officer, I'm sure she'll tell you everything she knows." Mr. Caloon said, his face drooping and making him seem older. He turned to Juna and nodded to her, "Go on with him Juna."

Juna nodded and walked over to me. I placed a hand on her shoulder and started walking to my truck. "Don't worry Mr. Caloon, I'll have her back here as soon as possible." I reassured him then got into my truck, Juna getting in the passenger seat. I started it up and headed to the station, staying silent until Juna finally spoke.

"I know why you're taking me in. But I can tell you right now that I know nothing about it." Juna said, still looking down at her hands.

"Oh, and may I ask, just to know if we are on the same subject, what exactly you are talking about?" I asked, glancing at her.

"Good luck, haha the devils in town." She whispered and I paled a little as I stayed silent and focused on driving.

Of course she would know. But this early? This is extreme.