Chapter 19

I FINALLY GOT THE CHAPTER IN MY EMAIL LAST NIGHT!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO redpeace9!!!

ALSO I'D LIKE TO CONGRATULATE ALL OTHERS THE PARTICIPATED. YOU DID YOUR BEST AND YOU WERE THE ONLY ONES WHO DECIDED TO WRITE A CHAPTER. THAT MEANS YOU CARE ABOUT ME!!! (insert long awwwwww here).

The story will sadly come to an end. I just started school and I need to step up my game. A sequel is being written and it will be much longer than this story. So now, let's all enjoy this chapter!!!!

Chapter Nineteen

When I woke up, I kept my eyes closed because I felt a warm breath on my neck and the sound of a low chuckle.
"When will I ever get you this close to me again Ronnie?"
Ry-Ry-- uhh.. Ryan. But Ronnie? He doesn't call me that.
"What happened to us back then? What did I do wrong?"
I guess he meant what happened when I started giving him the cold shoulder. I felt his hand stroking my hair. That was my cue to wake up. I stirred slowly, not wanting to wake Mercy, and opened my eyes. Dimmed light streamed into my room illuminating his face a little. He took his hand away immediately and his face reddened. Even in the near darkness, I could see the change of color. I played innocent and looked at him confused. "What?"

He quickly but carefully got up from the bed scratching the back of his neck. He glanced at the still curled up Mercy, probably making sure he didn't wake her. "Oh Sorry. Didn't mean to wake you. Umm uhh.. Nothing, I'll get ready for school now. Can I use your shower?"
I sat up and rubbed my eyes, yawning lightly. "Yeah sure, go ahead" I pointed to my bathroom and he took his bag and brought it in with him. I heard the sound of the shower and got up from bed and picked out my clothes. A few minutes later, Mercy woke up groaning. "I'm borrowing your clothes and I'm too lazy to drive so we're riding with Ryan" I nodded and Ryan got out dressed and with his hair still wet. "So I'm gonna be your driver?" "Yup", Mercy said popping the 'p'. He smirked and shook his head, "Well, now you have to pay me" "Who said? I'm not paying a slave" "Hey! I'm not your slave"

Mercy giggled. "Oh, yes you are. Or maybe I could sell your speedo pics to all the girls and probably guys who might love you" I laughed as Ryan scowled. "Some friend you are", he muttered but we both heard it. Mercy raised her eyebrow, "Who said we're friends?" "We're not friends. Not anymore!" "Hey! I was never your friend, you were just our play toy" Ryan smirked as I clutched my stomach, laughing and rolling on the floor. Mercy narrowed her eyes at us and her face turned beet red, most likely realizing her mistake. "Not like that!", she shouted, still red when a knock came from my door.

"Come down stairs for breakfast after you all finish getting ready" I could hear the smile in my mother's voice. Hmm.. She always asks, no more like orders me to make breakfast. She must be really happy after Ryan's fashion show earlier. I jumped up excited. Mom's actually an awesome cook, when she feels like cooking anyways.

After we all finished getting ready, we headed down stairs instantly smelling bacon, egg and pancakes. Mom set down plates, forks and knives in front of us before leaving for work. Poor food. After Mom left, we attacked them mercilessly. Haha. Mercy. "Hey Mercy shouldn't you be showing the food how merciful you are?" What can I say, I couldn't help myself. She scowled at me and Ryan choked while laughing. He wasn't laughing at my lame joke, but at Mercy's face. Her cheeks were puffed because she was chewing and her eyes were formed into slits. Her scowl wasn't helping. She looked like a child. Then Mercy grinned evilly and took out her phone. She took a picture of the still choking Ryan shouting, "Photo Op" I shook my head at them, a few giggles escaping my lips.

Ryan and Mercy kept arguing even as we pulled up into school. Mercy and I refused to sit shotgun so we treated him like our driver even with his retorts and threats. As I was about to exit the car, Mercy pulled me. "We have a slave now, he has to open the door for us" Ryan took out the keys and got out sneering. He opened the passenger's door on my side playfully glaring at me. He smiled and bowed, sweeping his hand outward like a royal chauffeur. "Milady", he said in a weird accent. I got out, ignoring everyone's curious and confused stares. I pushed him playfully with a smile tugging at my lips as he stumbled a bit. "Why thank you for opening my door for me Ryan. You're such a gentleman. You'd be a wonderful boyfriend", he said in a high-pitched british voice. I laughed and hit him playfully on the shoulder. "Weren't you taught that slaves shouldn't be speaking to nobles", Mercy said as she got out. "Oh, My bad. I forgot you were a noble pain in the ass" "Hmm.. Maybe I can stick that bat up your poor ass" "You could've just told me you wanted to see my ass Mercy" She took out her phone and smirked. Ryan flailed his hands around frantically. "Haha I was just joking. You know were Friiieeeeennddsss and I'm your servant. I'm so sorry all powerful and ultimate ruler of the supreme world. All hail Queen Mercy" I laughed. Mercy made Ryan call her that earlier in the car. Mercy smirked and patted Ryan's bowed head. "Good Slave"

After Mercy and Ryan stopped arguing, she left making the I'm-watching-you sign with her fingers at Ryan. Ryan and I walked to Biology receiving a lot of stares and glares. Ryan then opened the door for me. I raised my eyebrows at him and then chuckled in realization. "Good slave", I said while patting his shoulder. I walked in and greeted Ms. Ack when she greeted me. "Good Morning Ryan, nice to see you're alright" I sniggered and said, "He didn't want to miss your test Ms. Ack" Ryan snorted but we ignored him. Ms. Ack smiled. "So I'm sure he doesn't miss it, why don't we move it up to tomorrow?" "What.. No! I---" I cut Ryan off by saying, "That would be wonderful. At least he'd get it over with" Ms. Ack and I shared a meaningful smile. "Wai--" This time she cut him off trying not to laugh. "Very well Ryan, I'll tell your father. I hope you get very highscores" "Ms. A--" I cut him off again. "Maybe you could also suggest to move all his tests up to tomorrow" In any second now I was about to burst. Ryan had this totally horrified look on his face and he looked frozen. Ms. Ack nodded, "An excellent idea Veronica. I'll tell him right now" She stood up from her desk and walked to the door. Only as the doorknob click did Ryan snap out of his trance. He ran to her side and tugged on her arm. "Please don't do that Ms. Ackerman. I promise I will never be late to your classes and get good grades. Please don't tell my dad. He's still upset and he might comply. Oh no! Please don't" I couldn't bear it anymore. I laughed so hard that I was clutching my stomach. I sat down in the nearest empty seat, still laughing. Ms. Ack also laughed and went back to her desk. Then Ryan's face turned red and glared at me, realizing what we did. Some students heard every word we said and laughed too. He muttered profanities as he trudged and sat beside me. "Well that was amusing" He glared at me and I smiled innocently at him.

When the lunch bell rang, I darted to the door. I hated the stares, glares and above all the whispers. Someone even whispered saying he got me pregnant, ran away and came back feeling guilty, their reason for him being nice to me. At lunch, Mercy, Ryan and I told each other the rumors we heard and laughed. Ryan's jerky friends' version of the pregnant story was different.

"So I guess I found you alone on the dark sidewalk not knowing it was you. I thought you were a hooker and you asked me for a ride. I said yes and wanted you to pay up for the favor. You onpurposely didn't tell me you weren't wearing a condom and we did it. When I woke up, you told me you were pregnant and I left and ran away. My dad cried because he learned I was having a baby with you. You decided to chase me to claim the baby as ours to feel good about yourself and found me. I felt so guilty that I ran away and decided to be nice to you and they said I didn't have to act nice. I told them it was complete bull but they told me I was in denial"

We all burst out laughing at that point clutching our stomachs. How his pea brained friends came up with that story is completely baffling. This day has been the most entertaining one ever. It's just weird because it's all because of Ryan mostly. Mercy then abruptly stopped laughing and glared, her eyes darting to behind me. Ryan also stopped and frowned. I looked at both of them then slowly turned my head to the right. "Heard what you did to MY Ryan Rhonda", the spawn of the devil herself in the form of Stella said with her hands on her hips. My day was just so full of laughter that I laughed again making Stella narrow her eyes at me. "Didn't you hear me nerd!? Ryan is M-I-N-E, mine!" Ryan's frown deepened and he gripped the table too tightly making his knuckles go white. Mercy maintaned her glare and I kept laughing. By this time, the whole cafeteria was watching us. "Oh wow! You're such a slut! How dare you claim to be having Ryan's child!" I laughed humorlessly along with Mercy. "You--" Ryan cut me off as he stood up fuming. He pointed at Stella. "You're one to talk! She's not the one who hooks up with every guy she deems worthy. Ronnie is and never was a slut unlike you! She's the nicest, sweetest, smartest and most awesome girl I've ever met! You can't even compare to her. And don't believe in rumors Stella. Especially not the ones praising you" With that, Ryan nodded to Mercy and she grabbed a still gaping me up and led me out of the cafeteria.

After what happened at the cafeteria, no one stared at me too long anymore and girls diverted their glares. And... What Ryan said.. He was just angry at Stella for calling him hers right? Why does it feel like my stomach did flips when he said it.. Oh No! Not after all these years.. We're friends now and he likes me.. Ever since. Things just had to change then. Now everything's changing. Mr player always liked me and he's gonna be around now. School is going to change.. I don't think I'll like it one bit.. But maybe.. Just maybe.. Ryan can make it better? Maybe his feelings might someday be returned.