Chp 7

Rose

Jayvon and I spent the rest of the night talking while he held me in my bed. I eventually drifted off to sleep in his arms.

Ring ring ring ring. My phone woke me up.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily.

"Good morning Rose." Jayvon? I searched the bed and saw the vacant spot where he was lying last night.

"Jayvon? What time did you leave the house?"

"A while after you drifted off to sleep. Being a gentleman, I have to make a lady take her beauty rest. If it was up to me you'll still be sleeping minus the purple underwear. Trust me when I say I didn't want to leave but I didn't want to rush you either." If I was a few shades lighter I'm sure I'll be blushing like crazy.

"Thank you for being thoughtful. I need to get ready to pick up Trisha from the hospital."

"Okay beautiful, I'll meet you there. My brother will be released from the hospital today." Jayvon and I spoke for a while longer before hanging up.

"Rose, thank you for being there for me girl." Trisha and I are at her apartment relaxing.

"Thank God nothing terrible happened. Trisha, are you sure you don't remember who did this to you?" It still puzzles me why someone will do this to her.

I met Jayvon and his older brother Joshua at the hospital. Trisha couldn't keep her eyes off Joshua and I think Joshua feels the same.

"Rose what are you smiling about?"

"Nothing much. I was thinking about how you were staring at Joshua like you want to eat him. Omg. Trisha Shantae Goldson, are you blushing?" I laughed when Trisha blushed harder.

"I don't blame you, he is a piece of eye candy." Trisha smiled into her cup of iced tea.

"What about you Rose? I saw the way Jayvon was looking at you like he wants to lick you from head to toe." I just shrugged remembering how we talked last night.